20 Years of Playstation

Started by Shadowrunner, November 13, 2014, 19:26:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowrunner

Quote from: "WiggyDiggyPoo"Can't say the advertising for PS ever got me, until this point in time I'd been an Amiga boy (still am) but I wanted GTA and PS1 was the cheapest way to get it.

Games like G-Police, Die Hard Trilogy (very underated), Porsche Challenge and Bushido Blade were awesome to play at the time.

Gaming may be perceived to have dumbed down or gone mainstream but that's not Sony's fault, consumers buy what consumers want and now they want games that throw birds at things, generic shooter #12 and shiny space car warrior death.

PS1 is a hardcore kickass games machine that broke Nintendo's jaw and kicked Sega in the nuts so hard they could chew their own pewbs.

No PS1 was exactly why gaming needed at the time, maybe we need another PS1 who knows.

My name is WiggyDiggyPoo, and I'm a PS1 fanboy.

Bitch.

(-;

Nice rant :21:

Shadowrunner

onthinice

Wow!

I was late to the Playstation party but I have been very impressed with the games discovered so far. Thanks to the huge gaming library my hope is, that there are more gems to be found.

Congratts, Sony!!!

Shadowrunner

I got one!!! :21: I need some advice, what should I do? I have a friend who will buy my regular one off me if I want and then the limited edition can be my main console. Or I could keep them both and use the regular one and keep the LE all nice and sealed as a collectors item. If you guys were in my shoes, and money not being a factor, would you keep both or would you sell one? I need to decide soon so let me know :)

zapiy

Money is always a factor lol. I would keep it boxed and sell it in the future.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Shadowrunner

Yeah good point. I meant money wasn't a factor in the sense of buying two consoles, but I get what you mean. These LE systems are selling for thousands of dollars on ebay, and in the future could be worth a small fortune!

zapiy

I would say def keep it, half will be used so you may end up owning a very rare sealed unit. :113:

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Antiriad2097

I can't see prices rising, its an ugly grey slab. I think prices are at peak just now with people wanting their exclusive current gen systems. Sell it now, before christmas and the hype has passed.

zapiy

That's a good point also. It's a hard call either way lol.

AmigaJay

Quote from: "Antiriad2097"I can't see prices rising, its an ugly grey slab. I think prices are at peak just now with people wanting their exclusive current gen systems. Sell it now, before christmas and the hype has passed.
haha! I'm glad i wasn't the only one who thought that! Never liked any of Sony's actual designs of their consoles, the Playstation was OK, pretty standard back then, the PS2 was cheap and nasty, the PS3 the huge grill setup, and now the PS4 which looks very cheap when you see it close up, tbh once its in your telly cabinet i have to say the XB1 looks better.
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

Shadowrunner

Yeah I've decided to just keep them both. I didn't buy it to resell and it's still a very cool collectible whether it goes up in value or not. Also as well as not making the best looking consoles like you guys are saying, Sony also isn't really know for the best build quality and it never hurts to have a backup system!

onthinice

If you could keep them both up. After that Sony movie hack scandal, the news reports like Sony will close shop. Defunct game consoles always sell for more. :21:

In all serious, has that hurt Sony. If I was a game developer, it would make me think twice about partnering for newer games. Sony security seems pretty lax.

Shadowrunner

Quote from: "onthinice"If you could keep them both up. After that Sony movie hack scandal, the news reports like Sony will close shop. Defunct game consoles always sell for more. :21:
I agree though, at some point Sony really needs to up their online security. Nobody is completely safe but they should still be doing a lot more. That and quit pissing off angry foreign dictators!

Greyfox

Just Emperor Palptine, I foresaw this in the force, I've never used online gaming, purchasing or handed over sensitive information to another organisation and so glad and proves my point correct not bothering to put your hands in the security of others regardless of how big they are. Offline all the way, with your pal sitting beside face to face, when you whip his arse lol.

This scandal is going to put a serious amount of people off and others closing their accounts.