Flappy McFur - New Atari Jag game.

Started by zapiy, October 26, 2014, 12:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapiy

http://youtu.be/hQ2nV0wV5B0

CURRENT VERSION: 0.3 (Pre-Alpha) Available here

DESCRIPTION:
Modeled after the infamous game Flappy Bird, but with it's own unique qualities. This is an on going project, and all versions leading up to a final version will be free for download. The final version will be a physical version available for purchase

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

We knew it was going to happen at some point!  I do like that it uses an established Jaguar character, though.  :)

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

walter_j64bit

Good thing Ive popped in Ive just seen this, I haven't seen it on other Jag forums.  :113:

Shadowrunner

It does look good. Looking forward to the final version :)

onthinice

You Jaguar CD owners are a lucky bunch.  :113:

zapiy

Shadowrunner

Quote from: "zapiy"They are indeed.. Anyone getting this?

When they finish the game and release physical copies I will probably grab one. I've never played any of these Flappy clones, or the original even for that matter so I want to see what all the fuss is about!

zapiy

TrekMD

An updated video on the status of the game...

[align=center:22o2s5dm]http://youtu.be/3gOQFku_HW0[/align:22o2s5dm]

JoeMusashi

What's the point? I don't get it!

Didn't the guy who made Flappy Bird refuse to take any more money due to embarrassment on such a poor, poor game? Why would anyone buy/play this?

TrekMD

People became addicted to the game and it has been ported to just about every system out there.  This is not the only port on a retro system and I doubt it'll be the last. 

zapiy

It was a poor "Game" but it was very popular so this was always a given.

Papa

One of the most cloned games of all time!  I really like the Trevor McFur twist.  It's interesting enough for me to try.  I actually really like The Crescent Galaxy (although it would have been a perfectly good shooter without superimposed big cat heads on everything) on my Jaguar arcade cabinet.  Most Jag games are greatly improved by using arcade controls. 

My kids also mentioned the situation with the creator of Flappy Bird.  They said he was suicidal due to people hating on his game, too!?!

Great looking port/clone anyway!  One of these days I'll have to slap a Jag CD on my system (if not just for the CD light show)...
And all the Who's down in Whoville will cry
"OH $#IT!"

TrekMD

Here is the latest video with an update of the game...

[align=center:3a4i63ho]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gOQFku_HW0[/align:3a4i63ho]