New Dreamcast Game SLaVE!

Started by Shadowrunner, September 11, 2014, 05:05:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowrunner

Just got this email from the Goat Store!

QuoteHello:

Yesterday, we announced a new Dreamcast project with our partners Isotope and Jay Townsend called SLaVE, an extremely unique first person game inspired by arcade hits of the past like Robotron.  The game is going to be an extremely limited run - only 484 copies will be sold - and it's available for pre-order now at goatstore.com.  84 of those copies are a Limited Limited Edition, and 400 of them are a "standard" Limited Edition.

For more details, check out the whole news release at www.goatstorepublishing.com, which also got a facelift.

Unfortunately, when we went to send the email yesterday, our mail server had an issue and our email announcement for you was not sent!  If you are interested in the game, especially the LLE, please head to the GOAT Store web site as soon as possible to place your order, as we expect copies will sell out within the next 24 hours.

The LE version of the game is also selling briskly, but has better availability currently.

Thanks for your support, and we can't wait to keep bringing you fun new projects like SLaVE and the upcoming Hypertension: Harmony of Darkness!

It's not scheduled to ship until next April, but if you want a copy you better act fast. I just ordered a LLE version  :)

Shadowrunner

SLaVE official trailer.

Here's a trailer of it too  :)

I'm on my tablet so hopefully the video imbeds properly.

TrekMD

I received this message as well.  Looks cool.  :)

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Shadowrunner

Now that Trek is a Dreamcast owner, and for anyone who missed this, I thought I would give this a bump. The LLE edition is sold out but the regular LE edition is still available. This really looks like an awesome game, and it's very cheap too. Get your orders in before it's too late :)

TrekMD

Shadowrunner

I received an update email about this today, and it's getting close to being done! They're just finishing up some things and they hope to have it in peoples hands by the end of May. Really looking forward to this :)

TrekMD

I got the same message today.  It's cool to see this is almost ready. :)

vandro

TrekMD

I believe you still can.  It's a preorder and I've not seen anything posted that says it is sold out.

Shadowrunner

The email did say there were still some left, but it also said they wouldn't be taking any orders over the next few days. The owners of the site and all their inventory were going to a gaming expo this weekend. Middle of next week you should be able to order it :)

TrekMD

The Goat Store has release an update about the game. There's been a delay...

As we noted in an earlier message, Jay Townsend'™s SLaVE, originally due out in April, has been experiencing an unforeseen delay. One of the main developers working on the engine for the title had a personal issue which caused them to have to cease work on the game. We immediately brought in another developer to finish the game, although there is one major bug that arose since he started that we have been unable to find and eliminate as of yet.

To be clear, the gameplay of SLaVE is ready to go, unfortunately the engine that enables the game to run on the Dreamcast is where the problem lies. Due to the nature of this problem, we cannot give an exact timeline of when the game will be complete, but we can promise that as soon as we know we will inform you.

The good news is that the delay is allowing us to tweak the gameplay even further, making the game even better.
We apologize greatly for the delay and are doing everything that we can to ensure that this release happens as soon as possible and is to the quality that you have come to expect from GOAT Store Publishing. If you have any further questions please contact me directly at mailto:loosen@goatstore.com">loosen@goatstore.com. I will do my best to answer your questions, although we do not have much more to share other than what I have here now.

I hope to be writing again with great news about SLaVE going into production soon. Thanks for your support of the Sega Dreamcast and independent development on it!

Dan Loosen

The GOAT Store, LLC

zapiy

Good to see an update on this, goes to show real life does get in the way of our hobby sometime.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

Here is an update that I received from the team:

Good news!  After trying many things with the old code and not finding the proper fix for the bug that caused this delay, the SLaVE team decided to rewrite much of the engine code using new techniques. This will result in a better product, as some other minor issues and glitches that were not fixed in the previous code have been addressed and the game will run on the Dreamcast even better than originally planned!

We are pleased to report that the game is back to running on the Dreamcast, this time with no major show-stopping bugs.

Due to the nature of the rewrite, we still need to take a little time for additional bug testing but Jay Townsend's SLaVE is definitely closer to release!

We'll keep you updated as more developments occur!

zapiy

Good news and one can only praise the dev for doing this..

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Saturn

Guess I missed out on ordering but, WOW! That game looks incredible.
Would dust off the ol' DC if I could get my mits on this! Sounds like these are all business. Nice 8)