Author Topic: Let's Compare Pang/Buster Bros.  (Read 846 times)

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://plus.google.com/+EugenioAngueira
Let's Compare Pang/Buster Bros.
« on: August 24, 2014, 22:57:37 PM »
Buster Bros., also called Pang and Pomping World, is a cooperative two-player arcade video game released in 1989 by Capcom. The Buster Brothers must finish a round-the-world quest to destroy bouncing balloons that are terrorizing several of Earth's landmarks and cities. The fight to save the Earth begins on Mt. Fuji, Japan where the brothers must pass all three stages before moving on to the next location.

Conversions for home systems were produced by Ocean Software in 1990 for the ZX Spectrum, Commodore 64, Amstrad CPC, Commodore Amiga, MS-DOS and Atari ST. It is the same as "Buster Bros." except for the opening title.

Source:  Wikipedia

[align=center:3o9iq0wn]Let's Compare ( Pang / Buster Bros )[/align:3o9iq0wn]

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Offline onthinice

• View Profile
Re: Let's Compare Pang/Buster Bros.
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 13:48:18 PM »
Never played any version but I like it!

I have learned so much about the Spectrum from this site but it still amazes me to watch. The Spectrum version has such fluid movements. Very good job of programming.

All of the versions seem faithful to the arcade. It seems like a simple game but looks to be challenging as well.

Kinda weird to see the Turbo CD, Playstation, Spectrum and C64 all displaying the same game for a comparison video.

Tough to choose but not playing the game leads me to choose the Playstation version. Sometimes nostalgia clouds my judgment but PS version looks arcade perfect.

It would have been cool to see some two player action.

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://plus.google.com/+EugenioAngueira
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 14:12:39 PM »
I was actually surprised that this game was not ported to any of the Sega systems! 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Offline onthinice

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 14:15:14 PM »
That is funny, considering that the Mega Drive/Genesis was porting arcade games left and right. Saturn clearly could have had an excellent release as well.