New NES Homebrew - The Mad Wizard: A Candelabra Chronicle

Started by TrekMD, July 30, 2014, 19:05:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

[align=center:vc1ch3id][size=140]Looks like the folks from Sly Dog Studios will be releasing a brand new title for the NES called The Mad Wizard: A Candelabra Chronicle.  The game is in its final testing stages and a cartridge release is expected soon, coming complete with both a box and manual.[/size][/align:vc1ch3id]

[align=center:vc1ch3id][/align:vc1ch3id]

[align=center:vc1ch3id][size=140]In the game, the player takes control of a wizard to travel through various stages that require the use of magical spells in order to progress.  The wizard will need to face with various magical creatures of lore during this travels and has one final boss to defeat.  [/size][/align:vc1ch3id]

[align=center:vc1ch3id]The Mad Wizard: A Candelabra Chronicle - NES Homebrew[/align:vc1ch3id]

[align=center:vc1ch3id][size=140]More details as they become available...[/size][/align:vc1ch3id]

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Shadowrunner

That looks really good, and the levitation mechanic in place of jumping is very cool! I think I might have to get this when it comes out  :)

TrekMD

Yes, I found the levitation to be cool.  Definitely something to keep an eye on.  :)

bogstandard

I hope the levitation works like in Wizards & Warriors where you eventually move off the screen :)

zapiy

Looks very good indeed. Certainly one to watch out for.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

[align=center:95q7wwhm]

[size=140]Take an adventure in the world of Candelabra!

The evil summoner Amondus from The Order of the Talon has taken over Prim, Hekl's once happy homeland. And nothing drives a wizard more crazy than having their territory trampled on!

Can you help Hekl defeat the enemies that Amondus has populated throughout the landscape? To do so, you will need to master the art of levitation, find magic spells that will assist you in reaching new areas, and upgrade your weapons. All of these will be necessary in order to give Hekl the power he needs to restore peace to Prim. Do you have what it takes? If you dare, venture into this, the first installment of the Candelabra series!

Featuring:

Over 120 screens of varied terrain to explore
More than 10 different enemy types
Multiple boss fights
Infinite continues

Download a free demo ROM here![/size]

[size=180]Order from RetroUSB[/size][/align:95q7wwhm]

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

Greyfox