New Atari 7800 Homebrew - Salvo 2085

Started by TrekMD, July 27, 2014, 16:42:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

[align=center:18doijlr][size=140]A new 7800basic game is being developed by AA member RevEng called Salvo 2085.  The game is an update on the classic computer game Crossfire.  The game is still in development but here is a video of Salvo in action.[/size]

Atari 7800 Salvo 2085 20140726 Beta

[size=140]More details can be found in the development thread:  Salvo 2085 Thread.  Be sure to check Rev's blog posts within the thread for the latest binaries.  [/size][/align:18doijlr]

[align=center:18doijlr][size=80]Posted with permission from RevEng.[/size][/align:18doijlr]

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Shadowrunner

Looks good. Never heard of Crossfire before but looks like a fun game.

TrekMD

I've not heard of Crossfire either but I can tell you this game is addicting!

zapiy

Looks like a similar game to Bomberman games I thought?

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

Quote from: "zapiy"Looks like a similar game to Bomberman games I thought?

But not bombs in this one.  At least, not yet (since it is still in development). :)

bogstandard

RevEng made 7800basic so this game is him "eating his own dogfood".   In other words, every bug squashed and improvement made in the game improves 7800basic.. which in turn begets many more 7800basic developers  making better games!

TrekMD

Quote from: "theloon"RevEng made 7800basic so this game is him "eating his own dogfood".   In other words, every bug squashed and improvement made in the game improves 7800basic.. which in turn begets many more 7800basic developers  making better games!

Sounds like a great way to "iron out the wrinkles!"

TrekMD

Be sure to check the blog posts for this game.  A new update has been posted with a new binary. :)

RPC_GAMES

zapiy

Brilliant stuff. I am really impressed seeing these games.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

This game has evolved a lot and it was shows at CGF.  It now even has voice support through the AtariVox!  Here is a video of the game in action...

[align=center:q18bros0]http://youtu.be/CiH1PRqK_yc[/align:q18bros0]

Papa

Awesome!  I love the old school arcade style voices.  It reminds me of Gorf! "Insert coin space cadet."  :41:
And all the Who's down in Whoville will cry
"OH $#IT!"

TrekMD