Derby Retro – 12th July 2014

Started by TL, June 15, 2014, 14:14:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TL

[align=center:kjy8bk5b][/align:kjy8bk5b]

[size=140]Commodore 16.com are organising a retro meet up on Saturday 12th July. It will be situated near the centre of Derby and has great facilities for a retro event. There are two more large rooms that can accommodate more systems too. Currently they have got one room set up with the following machines all working to play on:

Commodore 16
Commodore Plus 4
Commodore 116
Commodore 232
C64
Vic 20
Dragon 32
Acorn Electron
Spectrum 48 & +2
ZX81
Playstation
Large projector screen with DOSBOX
Atari Lynx

Have a look at this StiGGy's blog for a review of our last meet up:

The day will start from 09:00 and finish when everyone's had enough. Local sandwich shops/chippies. Coffee machine on site.

Address: Clear Safety, Keynes House, Chester Park, Alfreton Road, Derby, DE21 4AS

All are welcome, but we do ask that you announce your intentions to come so we can keep a track of numbers.

If interested please email us or reply to the forum topic or the Facebook group.[/size]

[align=center:kjy8bk5b][/align:kjy8bk5b]

WiggyDiggyPoo

Not too far from me... But I cant go, watching TheLevellers and TheWonderStuff instead that weekend :113:

TL

Hopefully I will be there this weekend!!!  :16:

TL

TrekMD

Cool.  What's that mini-Donkey Kong arcade machine?  An iPad in a case?

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TL

Quote from: "TrekMD"Cool.  What's that mini-Donkey Kong arcade machine?  An iPad in a case?

XP laptop in an arcade machine case running MAME and other emulators with a custom front end.

TrekMD

Quote from: "The Laird"
Quote from: "TrekMD"Cool.  What's that mini-Donkey Kong arcade machine?  An iPad in a case?

XP laptop in an arcade machine case running MAME and other emulators with a custom front end.

Very cool.  So, it can certainly play quite a few games.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TL

[align=center:1mehmg1x]A video of the event is now up:

Derby Retro Meet Up[/align:1mehmg1x]

WiggyDiggyPoo

Looks like a nice event, would have liked to have a play on an Atari XE :113: