New Atari 7800 Homebrew - Adventure

Started by TrekMD, June 14, 2014, 17:50:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

[size=140]Atari Age user Atarius Maximus is currently developing an updated version of Adventure for the Atari 7800.  The game is still early in development. You can walk around 255 different screens on the map and there are currently only 15 unique screen definitions.  There are demo binaries in the development thread.  Check out some screen  captures below.[/size]

[align=center:3bvvxxf3]

[/align:3bvvxxf3]

[align=center:3bvvxxf3][size=180]Development Thread[/size][/align:3bvvxxf3]

[align=center:3bvvxxf3][size=80]Posted with permission from Atarius Maximus.[/size][/align:3bvvxxf3]

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Shadowrunner

TL

Looks just like Zelda on the NES, not sure that is a good thing!  :39:

Lorfarius

Its only homebrew so much easier to take the assets from something else, no problem with it so long as its not being sold as a commercial product!

TrekMD

It's early in development, so we'll have to wait to see where it goes.

zapiy

Looks good so far, interested to see further development.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

Be sure to check the thread.  A binary with collision detection is now available.  I was informed, though, that development will slow down due to that thing called "real life."  I'll keep an eye on things.  :)

TrekMD

An update has been posted by Atarius Maximus:

[font=verdana:1zen7hzh]Still working on this demo with a whole lot of help from RevEng.  It could be weeks (months?) before a significant update is made as there are many, many hours of work that need to go into simply creating graphics and making a map, much less working on gameplay.  Stay tuned as this project is certainly not abandoned. :)[/font:1zen7hzh]

Atarius Maximus

Quote from: "TrekMD"An update has been posted by Atarius Maximus:

[font=verdana:36j4eohe]Still working on this demo with a whole lot of help from RevEng.  It could be weeks (months?) before a significant update is made as there are many, many hours of work that need to go into simply creating graphics and making a map, much less working on gameplay.  Stay tuned as this project is certainly not abandoned. :)   This could be a long process and I'm just diving into what is possible with RevEng's new 7800basic development environment.  He's a brilliant guy and has provided a great deal of support for this project already.  As I said in my AA post, stay tuned.

TrekMD

Looking forward to more.  Creating a game like this does take time, so we have to be patient.  :)

Atarius Maximus

Quote from: "TrekMD"It's early in development, so we'll have to wait to see where it goes.

This all for fun and I have no aspirations to sell it or make a profit in any way.  I am planning on using Zelda graphics and the map for pure nostalgia purposes, but I have no intention of replicating the original game.  As I'm using a new development environment for the 7800 and working with the author, this could be a very long process.  If you're a Kevin Costner fan, you'll understand this quote.  "For love of the game". :)

TrekMD

TL

TrekMD

I guess everyone still thinks this is a Zelda port for the 7800 despite Atarius saying it won't be. 

Atarius Maximus

Quote from: "TrekMD"I guess everyone still thinks this is a Zelda port for the 7800 despite Atarius saying it won't be.

It's my fault I guess for posting the very first demo and making it look like Zelda.  :40: