Atari 7800 Unreleased Games

Started by TL, March 29, 2012, 16:51:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TL

DreamcastRIP

Nice vid! I've not played on my 7800 for some time and viewing that vid has inspired me to play something on it. :)
Owned: Spectrum Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx ST 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive Mega-CD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS, GBm GBA GBC GBP GB VirtualBoy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

TL

Quote from: "DreamcastRIP"Nice vid! I've not played on my 7800 for some time and viewing that vid has inspired me to play something on it. 8)

DreamcastRIP

Owned: Spectrum Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx ST 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive Mega-CD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS, GBm GBA GBC GBP GB VirtualBoy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

Havantgottaclue

I'm very impressed by Plutos and Sirius. They would certainly have graced the machine's repertoire had they been released at the time. I'm fairly sure they've had a cartridge release in recent times, but I wasn't able to get hold of a copy of either, sadly (don't even know whether or not they would've run on my PAL machine, anyway).

Plutos - Atari 7800 2-players

Sirius - Atari 7800 Playthrough

They were programmed by Kevin Franklin, who also wrote the highly commendable budget shooter Zybex and a lot of other bloody good games for Zeppelin.

TL

Yes the prototype versions have been released now for both games and other like Klax, Pit-Fighter, Rampart and Missing In Action.

They do work on PAL consoles by all accounts, I would like to pick them up at some point I have a few of the others.

TrekMD

Nice video.  More missed opportunities!  At least some of these games have been released by the community.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TL

Quote from: "TrekMD"Nice video.  More missed opportunities!  At least some of these games have been released by the community.

Now let's all pray for Electrocop!!!!!

Rogue Trooper

Excuse digging up old thread:

Video won't play (techy issue my end i'm 99.9% sure)..is 'Chronicles Of Cute' in there? If not...look for something in (next lot of) mag.scan's i send you Laird.

TL

Quote from: "Rogue Trooper"Excuse digging up old thread:

Video won't play (techy issue my end i'm 99.9% sure)..is 'Chronicles Of Cute' in there? If not...look for something in (next lot of) mag.scan's i send you Laird.

Nope! I have never even heard of that!  :o

Bobinator

I can't have seen Pit-Fighter working out on the 7800, at all... good on them for using regular sprites instead of using digitized ones, though. That could have been messy. Honestly, though, I could have seen Black Lamp, Sirius, and especially Electrocop doing some great things for the system. The way I see it, the Atari 7800 was released during a time when people were more interested in more in-depth games the NES had, and I don't think that's something Atari understood until the 7800 was dead in the water.

TL

Quote from: "Bobinator"I can't have seen Pit-Fighter working out on the 7800, at all... good on them for using regular sprites instead of using digitized ones, though. That could have been messy. Honestly, though, I could have seen Black Lamp, Sirius, and especially Electrocop doing some great things for the system. The way I see it, the Atari 7800 was released during a time when people were more interested in more in-depth games the NES had, and I don't think that's something Atari understood until the 7800 was dead in the water.

I actually think the prototype of Pit-Fighter is quite promising, it would have certainly been better than the Master System version.

Atari understood, they just weren't willing to invest in enough of those types of games themselves. Not to mention that Nintendo had all the decent 3rd party producers locked down in their illegal agreements.