Author Topic: Hypertension - New Sega Dreamcast Homebrew  (Read 2114 times)

Offline TL

• View Profile
Hypertension - New Sega Dreamcast Homebrew
« on: May 17, 2014, 13:30:27 PM »
[align=center:2265vetq]

[size=140]He's back, in FULL 3D and hungrier than ever! How will you "feed" him? Hypertension: Harmony of Darkness is coming for PC and Sega Dreamcast Q4 2014 after seemingly being in development since the beginning of time! The game was first announced over 5 years ago and an Atari Jaguar port was also planned at one point too. We have now been promised that this title is finally close to completion. You can see how long this game has been touted by the video trailer from 1009 posted below![/size]

[size=140]For the first time since the initial releases in 1997 and 1998, we see inspiration from the classic first-person-shooter Blood completely re-imagined into a new and original title by TDGMods for a new generation! The game operates off the Hyper3dge engine, an extension of the original EDGE engine derived from the source code for Doom and includes dynamic lighting and the Build Engine for environmental interactivity along with other modified technologies.[/size]

[size=140]You can read more about the development of this game, as well keep up to date on the latest news regarding its release, over at the Isotope Facebook page or via their website. We look forward to bringing you more news on this exciting Dreamcast homebrew as soon as we have it![/size]

Hypertension Official Trailer [HQ] [2009][/align:2265vetq]

Offline Shadowrunner

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Hypertension - New Sega Dreamcast Homebrew
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 02:23:05 AM »
That looks awesome! I'll be watching for this one.

Offline AmigaJay

• View Profile
    • Jay's Retro Game Blog
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 21:12:06 PM »
Wow takes me back to the late 90s fps games! Looks decent.
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 22:21:36 PM »
That looks awesome. Going to be keeping an eye on that.
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Offline Jag_Slave

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2014, 03:46:20 AM »
Glad to see a new reason to dust off my Dreamcast!

Offline AirZonk

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 19:15:14 PM »
I have been keeping an eye on this game for ages. Hope it finally comes out this year.

Offline Ben

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2014, 05:09:38 AM »
Looks really interesting.  I'm a big fan of the Dreamcast homebrews, I just wish more of them made full use of the hardware, it looks like this game comes closer to that than a lot of the other recent ones.  Definitely will pick it up when/if it comes out.