Unreleased Atari Jaguar Games

Started by TL, March 28, 2012, 23:03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TL

Somebody asked me to do a video for the Varuna's Forces prototype so I just put togther this crappy video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50FlmOUcZrA

TL

TL

onthinice

Nice list. Where thoses mock-up screen shots? Some looked like 3DO shots?

It would have been cool if they had been released.

TrekMD

It pains me to see all these missed opportunities.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TL

Quote from: "onthinice"Nice list. Where thoses mock-up screen shots? Some looked like 3DO shots?

It would have been cool if they had been released.

Unlike the other 3 videos in this series none of these games used real Jag screenshots, they were all 3DO, Saturn or SNES screens.  :(

One reason why I left these publishers until last.

onthinice

At least they can be played on other systems. Jaguar versions really would have been the best.

Rogue Trooper

TFX was CANNED on Playstation-Code just running too slowly plus developers struggled with getting control scheme onto PS Pad were reasons given if memory serves.

Seem to recal E.W.J on PS1 just being straight SNES port (at least MCd ver.had extra level) though been an age since i saw it-Hated game to be honest.

Freelancer Jag CD-Recal interview with developers in Gamesmaster mag, said Atari went into 'utterly Mental' mode, wanted lots of fast polygon 3D, texture mapping etc, to make it compete with PS/Saturn games, they then planned to 'upgrade' game for PS, but sadly nothing came of it.

AVP 2:Atari talked of concepts of it using the V.R headset and Jaguar link up, in hands of right developer, could have been something special, would have said Rebellion, but after the PS3/360/PC AVP as well as PSP AVP games...NO!.

Anywho, superb vids.Dactyl Joust looked fantastic, gutted that never made it.

TL

Quote from: "Rogue Trooper"Freelancer Jag CD-Recal interview with developers in Gamesmaster mag, said Atari went into 'utterly Mental' mode, wanted lots of fast polygon 3D, texture mapping etc, to make it compete with PS/Saturn games, they then planned to 'upgrade' game for PS, but sadly nothing came of it.

I am doing an article on Imagitec Design for a future issue of Retro Gamer

TL

With special thanks to Rogue Trooper, here is a very nice scan for you all of a Freelancer 2120 preview from Gamesmaster magazine:

Shadowrunner

That looks like it could have been a great game!
Really a shame it was never finished   :(

Rogue Trooper

:-)

Thats from my 'scrap box' of magazine articles i've collected over the years.

God, i so wanted this game, looked gorgeous, sounded my kinda thing, hopes dashed, then raised when i read in Gamesmaster it had been canned, only to be a wip on PSone, then studio was bought and nothing came of it, sob.....

onthinice

Looking over the complete list. I say one thing: the Jaguar got hosed. Those are some impressive games that did not get ported.

TL

Preview of Rebellion's Legions Of The Undead from Ultimate Future Games:

And another for Phase Zero, at least a prototype of this game has been released: