Tiger Jenny - New Nintendo Entertainment System Homebrew

Started by TL, May 12, 2014, 18:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TL

[align=center:2m2u06hd]

[size=140]Tiger Jenny is a new NES game by NES Jam that is set in the same universe as "Ittle Dew". It actually takes place a thousand years before the events of that game. You must battle your way through the forests to seek vengeance on the Turnip Witch who dwells in her castle. Note that this game actually runs on the real hardware, it's not just an imitation![/size]

[size=140]It's written in C and 6502 assembly using the Shiru libraries and the cc65 compiler. For the music he used Famitracker and the graphics were made in whatever the artists (@regnsloja and @professorsteamg) were comfortable with (photoshop, gimp and other pixel art programs I think), however they finally ended up in the NES Screen Tool also by Shiru. This is were the palettes were designed and the nametables (levels) as well![/size]

[size=140]The release is in NES ROM format so you'll need an emulator or a flash cartridge to play it. You can read more about this exciting new release over at RetroStark's NES Jam page. Here's a link to all the music in the game on Sound Cloud. And you can also watch a short video of the game in action too.[/size]

[size=240]DOWNLOAD HERE![/size]

[/align:2m2u06hd]

TrekMD

Cool, I just downloaded this to give it a try using my Everdrive.  :)

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

Cheers, been having a bash on this today. Pretty decent game, hope to have a video up soon. :113:

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

Going to the final frontier, gaming...