Retroarch on android

Started by guest5189, April 29, 2014, 21:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest5189

Does anyone use this? Iv recently got the majority of mega cd games working on it on my htc one. Pretty AWSOME to have it fully working on a phone

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

guest5189

The controls are unfortunately on screen, but I have plugged a ps3 pad into the USB port using an otg cable and that does work. It's just cool to see them boot up and run on a phone

TrekMD

I've never used this.  Have you tried to see if a Bluetooth Controller works?

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

guest5189

No I haven't but I'm pretty sure they do. I know the ps3 pad will work Bluetooth but the phone needs to be routed

zapiy

That's what concerns me, how playable are the games without an external device?

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

guest5189

Not massively playable but ok mot pass a bit of time, or to show your mates in the pub

triverse

I find on screen controls are not that bothersome with turn based RPG's and strategy titles but forget it with action games.  At least that has been my experience.

AmigaJay

For anyone that uses Retroarch on any system I've designed some Borders for various systems.

https://retroarchborders.blogspot.co.uk
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

TrekMD

Going to the final frontier, gaming...