Xbox Classic thread

Started by WiggyDiggyPoo, April 22, 2014, 14:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WiggyDiggyPoo

Pretty cool  :113:

Ive got some time off work next week, if the weather is gash I'm planning on hitting the retro hard starting with some of my recent classic purchases.

TrekMD

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TrekMD

The guys from GameSack have just released a new video review of this first entry by Microsoft into the gaming console arena:  The  Xbox!  Check it out...

TrekMD

As many of you know, collecting for the original Xbox is rather easy as the majority of the games are pretty cheap to acquire.  That, however, is not the case with all games.  There are certain titles that can be quite expensive to get.  Metal Jesus looks at some of these games...

VictorLazarus

One of the worst kept secrets among retro gamers, OG Xbox games are often the bets looking ports, and extremely cheap! The downside is that with Xbox One (confusingly titled) backwards compatibility, we'll see speculation slowly rise those prices.

A few of my favourite original Xbox titles:

Fable (Lost Chpters)
Fahrenheit (AKA Indigo Prophecy)
Halo (First game was actually pretty good, haven't played another since Halo 2 though)
Jade Empire (Limited Edition)
Project Zero
Silent Hill 2: Inner Fears (Best version)
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (and Sith Lords, but less so. Had this in PC but was really glitchy)
Tao Feng (Fun, but neglected fighting game)

MVL.

TrekMD

I have some of those titles.  I'll have to look into Tao Feng.

Back in Time Sime

Not many systems I feel I want more games for, XBOX though isnt included in that... love the machine (when chipped its just so nice to use) and just know there is a bunch of stuff I still need to look at...

Amazing how many of the games still look so good... Up to now I havent reviewed any XBOX on my channel, but my first is already uploaded and ready for release a week Thursday... PGR2 still much be consider one of the best arcadie drivers...
Check out my YouTube channel - https://www.youtube.com/c/BackinTimeSime - New retro review each Thursday...

TrekMD

I was surprised by the Xbox when I got the system.  I ended up getting in a system bundle and I really have liked the system.  The games are also fairly inexpensive, which does help as well.

Back in Time Sime

Shouldnt Microsoft really have its own forum like the others, the XBOX is retro now for sure... :)
Check out my YouTube channel - https://www.youtube.com/c/BackinTimeSime - New retro review each Thursday...

zapiy

Shall we do a poll to see who agrees?  8)

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

Quote from: zapiy on January 29, 2018, 17:44:07 PM
Shall we do a poll to see who agrees?  8)

LOL  Well, it is 18 years old now.  Right?  So, is it old enough to be retro or are these consoles some other class on their own?  Midtro?  :)

Shadowrunner

For me retro isn't an age, it's a feeling. The last gen that I get the retro feel from is PS1, N64, Saturn. Everything after that feels too modern for me, with the exception of handhelds which are a bit different. That's just me though and I'm probably in the minority.

TrekMD

No, that is precisely the issue.  It's hard to really define what retro is in a way that everyone agrees on.  That's why I joked about calling some of those midtro.  :)

TrekMD

17 years on, the original Xbox is still an amazing machine. In this video Modern Vintage Gamer softmods, tearsdown, TSOP flash, upgrades to a Compact Flash card and shows what makes this console so awesome!

TrekMD

Here is a video from John Hancock where he showcases some excellent original Xbox games that some have forgotten about.  In the video, he pick 10 OG Xbox Games worth revisiting that are still very affordable.