Let's Compare Millipede!

Started by TrekMD, April 22, 2014, 01:42:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Here is another game that doesn't really need an introduction.  Millepede is, of course, to the arcade hit Centipede.  Like the original, Millepede was ported to a number of home consoles, though not as many as Centipede.  So, how do the different versions compare?  Let's have a look...

[align=center:2489rsdp]Let's Compare ( Millipede )[/align:2489rsdp]

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

64bitRuss

Ed Logg designed Centipede, did he also do Millipede?

I have the 5200 reproduction cartridge, seems complete to me. I always preferred Millipede over Centipede, it just has more of everything, BUT on the 5200 Centipede is a better game. The trak-ball control is smoother, the sound f/x better and the difficulty is tougher.

TrekMD

According to Wikipedia, Ed Logg also designed Millepede.  I'm like you Russ, I prefer Millipede over Centipede but both are fun games. 

TL

I love Millipede, such a great game. It might not seem like a massive improvement on Centipede but it really is.

The 2600 version might be pretty ugly but it plays superb and is right up there with the best arcade ports on the machine.

The Atari 8-bit version is amazing though, easily one of my favourite games on that machine. The ST version is also very good, perhaps a touch slow though.

That GBA version seems to play far too fast but otherwise looks like a faithful port.

TrekMD

Quote from: "The Laird"I love Millipede, such a great game. It might not seem like a massive improvement on Millipede but it really is.

Was that supposed to say "...improvement on Centipede..."?

TL