Colossal Cave Adventure - New Sega Master System Homebrew

Started by TL, April 18, 2014, 14:58:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TL

[align=center:itv503xo]

[size=140]Right here we have another outstanding entry in the SMS Power coding competition 2014. Programmed by forum member Haroldoop it is a Master System take on a text adventure! The game is currently just a work in progress but the programmer does intend to keep updating it. Here is some details about this game in his own words:[/size]

[size=140]"This is my entry for the contest: it's called Colossal Cave Adventure SAM Edition. As the name says, it's basically an adaptation of the classic Colossal Cave Adventure for Twee2SAM. So far, the base layout of the cave is already there; it was semi-automatically converted from the source code of the  Inform version and then manually cleaned up. Currently, almost all of the obstacles and puzzles are missing; I intend to add them later. Just for kicks, I have also added a few images, hand sketched by someone with zero artistic talent (me)"[/size]

[size=140]A demo version of the game can be downloaded for free to use with emulators and flash cartridges and you can read more about the game in the development thread over at SMS Power forum. We will keep you updated on the status of this project when we have more news![/size]

[size=240]DOWNLOAD HERE![/size][/align:itv503xo]

TrekMD

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Shadowrunner

That is pretty cool, don't see mant text adventures these days!

Antiriad2097

Quote from: "Shadowrunner"That is pretty cool, don't see mant text adventures these days!
You're not looking very hard, but that may be because they hide under the guise of Interactive Fiction these days. They've perhaps passed the boom of a few years back, but still very popular.
http://ifdb.tads.org