Author Topic: DOOM II hack for the Jag!  (Read 3721 times)

Offline walter_j64bit

  • Jr. Member
  • *
  • Posts: 83
  • Country: 00
  • Karma: 15
    • View Profile
DOOM II hack for the Jag!
« on: April 02, 2014, 01:04:05 AM »
I don't if any here knows a bout the DOOM II for jag its a must have if you have a Skunkboard! I play, when ever I can!

[align=center:2nhvivfb]15 minutes of game - Doom 2 II - Atari Jaguar[/align:2nhvivfb] 

 :77:

Offline TrekMD

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *
  • Posts: 23857
  • Country: us
  • Karma: 96
    • View Profile
    • http://plus.google.com/+EugenioAngueira
Re: DOOM II hack for the Jag!
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 03:03:19 AM »
That's cool.  Is the binary easily found online?

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Offline ls650

  • Jr. Member
  • *
  • Posts: 75
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
Re: DOOM II hack for the Jag!
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 13:22:46 PM »
I'll try it out on my Skunkboard if you let me know where to find the binary file.

Offline TL

  • Hero Member
  • *
  • Posts: 13397
  • Karma: 1
    • View Profile
Re: DOOM II hack for the Jag!
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 18:01:17 PM »
I am aware of this but never bothered trying it out. I know one of the Reboot guys did it.

Offline walter_j64bit

  • Jr. Member
  • *
  • Posts: 83
  • Country: 00
  • Karma: 15
    • View Profile
Re: DOOM II hack for the Jag!
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 01:16:14 AM »
Yes neo_rg did the hacks there are two version out there, I'll post them when I look through roms I have.

v98
Intro level
Entryway
Underhalls
The Gantlet
The Focus
The Waste Tunnels
The Crusher
Dead Simple
Tricks & Traps
Tenements
The Catacombs
The Abandoned Mines
Monster Condo

AC2011 version
Intro Level
Entryway
Underhalls
The Gantlet
The Focus
The Waste Tunnels
The Crusher
Dead Simple
Tricks & Traps
The Inmost Dens
The Courtyard
The Living End

Offline 64bitRuss

  • Sr. Member
  • *
  • Posts: 300
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
Re: DOOM II hack for the Jag!
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 02:04:30 AM »
meh, something about Jag homebrews just get's my blood pressure up.

Offline walter_j64bit

  • Jr. Member
  • *
  • Posts: 83
  • Country: 00
  • Karma: 15
    • View Profile
Re: DOOM II hack for the Jag!
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2014, 02:48:47 AM »
Here's the roms have fun! I'll track down the "How to hack Jag doom" maybe someone here can finish what was started.  :39:

Offline rush6432

  • Sr. Member
  • *
  • Posts: 274
  • Karma: 20
    • View Profile
Re: DOOM II hack for the Jag!
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2014, 04:47:27 AM »
heh, easily done ;)  Dont have the time right now though. Anyone can do it though with a little hex editor knowledge and doom builder....

Offline walter_j64bit

  • Jr. Member
  • *
  • Posts: 83
  • Country: 00
  • Karma: 15
    • View Profile
Re: DOOM II hack for the Jag!
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2014, 10:49:42 AM »
Quote from: "rush6432"
heh, easily done ;)  Dont have the time right now though. Anyone can do it though with a little hex editor knowledge and doom builder....
I know one thing, if didn't have work 10 hrs to 11 hrs a day, I would jump on making my own levels right now my doom level making is just too basic.   

Offline Cryptic33

  • Hero Member
  • *
  • Posts: 1533
  • Country: england
  • Karma: 36
    • View Profile
Re: DOOM II hack for the Jag!
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2014, 18:25:17 PM »
That looks very good indeed. Where it a commercial release it would fly off the shelves.
For the record, Alien verses Predator on the Atari Jaguar holds a Guinness World Record!

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t seek sympathy, just acceptance. Thanks

Offline rush6432

  • Sr. Member
  • *
  • Posts: 274
  • Karma: 20
    • View Profile
Re: DOOM II hack for the Jag!
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2014, 20:32:11 PM »
technically it shouldnt even be available since it has levels from doom 2 which never had a shareware version and they released content from a game that is still sold on xbox 360, android store, ect... so its pirated stuff. But then again it doesnt suprise me that retread does this.. Its what they've always done..

Zenimax media does go after users for things like this still. I believe they still actively persue users posting doom original wad files online which contain the levels and all assets.

Other than that, it is what it is. Its just a hack, not even a great one at that.

To each their own though. It is something newer than the original doom for jaguar.

Offline Cryptic33

  • Hero Member
  • *
  • Posts: 1533
  • Country: england
  • Karma: 36
    • View Profile
Re: DOOM II hack for the Jag!
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2014, 15:06:55 PM »
Quote from: "rush6432"
technically it shouldnt even be available since it has levels from doom 2 which never had a shareware version and they released content from a game that is still sold on xbox 360, android store, ect... so its pirated stuff. But then again it doesnt suprise me that retread does this.. Its what they've always done..

Zenimax media does go after users for things like this still. I believe they still actively persue users posting doom original wad files online which contain the levels and all assets.

Other than that, it is what it is. Its just a hack, not even a great one at that.

To each their own though. It is something newer than the original doom for jaguar.
I see, then I will be suitably quiet :16:
For the record, Alien verses Predator on the Atari Jaguar holds a Guinness World Record!

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t seek sympathy, just acceptance. Thanks

Offline rush6432

  • Sr. Member
  • *
  • Posts: 274
  • Karma: 20
    • View Profile
Re: DOOM II hack for the Jag!
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2014, 16:40:28 PM »
I bought doom 2 when it came out and ive played it tooo many times. Thats really the reason i have no desire to play it, even if it is on the jaguar. However im not putting anyone down for liking it. If you get enjoyment out of it, great!

Its still missing enemies obviously and the double barrel though  :- that was my reason for saying it wasnt that good. Its not really doom 2...

Offline Cryptic33

  • Hero Member
  • *
  • Posts: 1533
  • Country: england
  • Karma: 36
    • View Profile
Re: DOOM II hack for the Jag!
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2014, 23:42:32 PM »
Quote from: "rush6432"
I bought doom 2 when it came out and ive played it tooo many times. Thats really the reason i have no desire to play it, even if it is on the jaguar. However im not putting anyone down for liking it. If you get enjoyment out of it, great!

Its still missing enemies obviously and the double barrel though  :16:
For the record, Alien verses Predator on the Atari Jaguar holds a Guinness World Record!

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t seek sympathy, just acceptance. Thanks

 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk