Castlevania - New Sinclair ZX Spectrum Game!

Started by TL, March 23, 2014, 12:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TL

[align=center:83vf4t46]

[size=140]Now here is a headline that many people won't believe is true and it's just a bit too early for an April's Fools joke. But this is true and Castlevania is one of the many fine examples of ZX Spectrum homebrew coding projects from the Retro Games Battle 2014 that took place recently in Russia. The coder SaNchez and music man Darkman007 achieved the seemingly impossible task of porting a fully working version of Konami's Castlevania, based on the NES versions, to Sir Clive Sinclair's 8-bit wonder. [/size]

[size=140]The full version will be released this coming April completely for free in TAP format so not only will it be playable on emulators but you will also be able to convert it to audio file and play it on real hardware too!

In the mean time you can check out this brilliant video of the project or download the demo from Pouet here![/size]

castlevania demo (zx-spectrum)[/align:83vf4t46]

TrekMD

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Greyfox

that is mad :41:..wow so much life in the ZX Spectrum after 30 years of service, what a testament to 8-bit computers

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Alberto 2K

Don't be surprised, my broken English is legendary!

TrekMD

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Alberto 2K

I've been in the shadows for a long time, Alberto returns! :103:
Don't be surprised, my broken English is legendary!

TL