Deathchase - New Virtual Boy Homebrew

Started by TL, March 12, 2014, 20:44:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TL

[align=center:1v58mg40]

[size=140]This is a remake of the 1983 ZX Spectrum game of the same name by Mervyn J. Estcourt. Like the original, it is fast-paced and challenging, but the addition of higher-resolution, stereoscopic graphics takes it to the next level!

RunnerPack and HorvatM made this in about two weeks for the Planet Virtual Boy Programming competition after realizing they would not be able to finish a more ambitious project. We think it turned out pretty good though![/size]

[size=140]There are less enemies and obstacles than the original, but this is probably a good thing as those old Spectrum games were known for being tough! This version is evry bit as fast and furious though!

The game can be downloaded for free to play on your favourite emulator or via a flash cartridge. You can read the original development thread on Planet Virtual Boy right here![/size]

[size=240]DOWNLOAD HERE![/size]

[/align:1v58mg40]

TrekMD

Several releases for the Virtual Boy recently.  Cool.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

Looks great but i still struggle to get over the red images lol..

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

I have a bit of a hard time with the red too but I've never played with this system.  It may be OK playing the real thing. 

TL

Quote from: "TrekMD"I have a bit of a hard time with the red too but I've never played with this system.  It may be OK playing the real thing.

It's not!

TrekMD

Quote from: "The Laird"
Quote from: "TrekMD"I have a bit of a hard time with the red too but I've never played with this system.  It may be OK playing the real thing.

It's not!

OK then, scratch that idea!   :21:

guest5112