Android 2 - New Commodore Plus/4 Homebrew!

Started by TL, February 22, 2014, 18:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TL

[align=center:f9y1k4ba]

[size=140]Originally released by Vortex software and then licensed by Ocean Android 2 was originally released for the Sinclair Spectrum, Amstrad CPC and Commodore 64 in 1985. The game places the player in a maze featuring 5 Militoids to destroy within a time limit. Although they don't shoot back at the player, there are plenty of other hazards in the maze. Aliens are present, which can shoot at the player, as well as land-mines and 20 indestructible robots to block the player's path. There are 3 mazes to clear, each of which has a wrap-around design similar to the original Pac-man game and fills more than one screen. The player have five lives in which to progress as far as possible and try to beat the high score.[/size]

[size=140]Well known homebrew developer KiCHY programmed a Commodore Plus/4 conversion of the game at the end of last year, that was released by the Assassins in January this year, to great acclaim from users of the machine. It remains very faithful to the original version of the game and features some very impressive graphics for the machine. This title uses the full 64k of memory and is available to download for free to play on real hardware or on your favourite emulator.[/size]

[size=240]DOWNLOAD HERE![/size][/align:f9y1k4ba]

Sokurah

I love Android 2 on the Spectrum. It was the first game I ever tried to remake. I implemented the scroling maze and the red and blue robots, but when it was time to code the Millipedes I either ran into problems or was distracted by something else so it was never finished. Too bad as it was mostly done.  :-[
Website: Tardis remakes / Mostly remakes of Arcade and ZX Spectrum games.
Twitter: Sokurah