New Intellivision Release - Old School

Started by TrekMD, January 24, 2014, 23:23:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elektronite

Last chance to order Old School....12 hours left

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

Although I posted it in the Latest Retro Purchases thread, I figured I'd mention it here as well.  I received the game!  I am giving it a spin this weekend.  :)  Thanks Elektronite! 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Elektronite

We are getting a lot of word back that it is 'fun to play', and that is the point isn't it?

It isn't 'perfect' but success favours those who get things done, not perfectionists.

It has a high quality sticker, and hopefully overlays will follow soon.

TrekMD

Quote from: "Elektronite"We are getting a lot of word back that it is 'fun to play', and that is the point isn't it?

It isn't 'perfect' but success favours those who get things done, not perfectionists.

It has a high quality sticker, and hopefully overlays will follow soon.

I would definitely love to see overlays for the game.  And "fun to play" is the point of a game!

TrekMD

A complete-in-box version of this game is now available for order.  Check out this thread in Atari Age for ordering information:  PRE-ORDER: Intellivision Old School Numbered CIB Release.  There's a way to preorder the game even if you are not a member of AA.

Elektronite

100 CIB serial numbered copies are being released, and spots are filling up quickly.

Check out the thread to reserve your copy.

TrekMD

Wow, the first 50 are already gone?  That was quick.  Are you making the boxes/instructions/overlays available now for the initial cart-only release?

Elektronite

Yes, eventually, but probably not until after all of the CIB copies ship.

The Box, overlays and manual will go for $30 plus shipping.

TrekMD

Quote from: "Elektronite"Yes, eventually, but probably not until after all of the CIB copies ship.

The Box, overlays and manual will go for $30 plus shipping.

Cool.  I'll be wanting one of those too.  :)

Elektronite

The Old School manual has been printed, and we are about to print the overlays and box this coming week.

Get your order in for this surprisingly fun game!

TrekMD

Elektronite

The Old School Proof has been signed off and both the box and overlay are printing this week.

TrekMD

Elektronite

The boxes are being picked up today and we should have examples to show in photos very soon.