Let's Compare Primal Rage

Started by TrekMD, January 22, 2014, 21:28:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

From Wikipedia:  Primal Rage is a versus fighting game developed and released by Atari Games to arcades in 1994. The game takes place in a post-apocalyptic version of Earth called "Urth." Players control one of seven large beasts that battle each other to determine the fate of the planet. Matches feature many of the conventions of fighting games from the era, including special moves and gory finishing maneuvers.

So, how do the different ports of this arcade game compare? Let's check it out!

[align=center:6i3c97eb]Let's Compare ( Primal Rage )[/align:6i3c97eb]

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TL

I never knew there was an Amiga version!  :13:

One thing is for sure, they never should have even attempted a Game Boy or Game Gear version.

I was really into this game for a while when I first bought the Jaguar CD version. Not played it in bloody ages though.

Some of the secret finishing moves are hilarious!

TrekMD

I agree, those portable versions should not have been tried.  The only version I have ever played is the Jaguar version. 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Bobinator

I'm going to go ahead and assume the best port's probably the Saturn version. The FMV cutscenes are a little... unnecessary, but I'd say in terms of gameplay and general closeness to the arcade version. I'd say that's probably your best bet. That, and the controller would probably be a big help. The PC version doesn't seem bad, either.

zapiy

Agreed about the Handheld versions but i love the 32X version of this.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC