The 30 greatest video games that time forgot

Started by TL, January 22, 2014, 15:43:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TL

[align=center:1es4ivik]
[size=140]
From lost adventures to forgotten puzzlers, here are the classic titles that games history has cruelly overlooked

Full article and list at The Guardian Games Blog[/size][/align:1es4ivik]

TrekMD

Nice list of games.  I think I'm going to try to get Hellfire for my Genesis after reading this!  :)

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

kapturerelease

Hellfire is an awesome game and one I'm missing too. Let the battle in eBay commence. Lol

Sent from The Monolith using Tapatalk.
Sent from the Octagon

kapturerelease

Never play VIB but really want to. A friends got a copy for sale at £70, not sure I'd pay that for it though.

Sent from the Octagon

TrekMD

Quote from: "kapturerelease"Hellfire is an awesome game and one I'm missing too. Let the battle in eBay commence. Lol

:21:  En garde!

kapturerelease

Haven't looked but it use to command quite a good price.

Sent from the Octagon

TL

I have done a review of Hellfire on here, but to give you the short version - it's bloody hard!

There are a lot of great games on this list but I wouldn't say that they are all forgotten though. Games like Aliens, Deathchase, Hellfire and Chu Chu Rocket still get talked about a lot.

Vyothric

Astal - Was more difficult than I was expecting. Very interesting game though that I'll go back to at some point to try and finish.
Bioforge - Bit awkward to control, but seemed interesting.
ChuChu Rocket - Not my first choice of multiplayer game, even on the DC - I'd go for Power Stone 2 first. It's OK though.
Eternal Darkness - Personally I think everyone should have a Gamecube just to play this.
Mischief Makers - I normally stay well clear of anything with an anime style to it, but I like this game.
Zillion is cool, but found it pretty confusing trying to figure out where I was going/where I'd already been.

I don't really see what the big deal about Hellfire is. There are loads of other Mega Drive shoot 'em ups that I'd rather play. Zero Wing, Gley Lancer, Arrow Flash, Thunderforce IV.....

The Neverhood is a game that I always wanted to play.

TrekMD

Quote from: "The Laird"I have done a review of Hellfire on here, but to give you the short version - it's bloody hard!

Good to know!