Amstrad GX4000 Must Have Games

Started by TL, March 16, 2012, 18:12:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TL

Are there any?

I know Pang is good but the other games I played on it were awful!!!

https://youtu.be/orIiTwUDOh0

Rogue Trooper

Never played on an actual console, but seem to recal:

Pang, Robocop II, Navy seals, Burning Rubber+Batman reviewing 'well' at the time.

Also there was a rumour Ocean had designed Wizball II (Whiz Kid) for the GX4000 initally.No idea how true that was.

Spector

Switchblade got 91% in Mean Machines Issue 4, and it looked as if it took good advantage of the extra colours in places. Apart from that, I really don't know. Robocop II got mixed scores, and one reviewer in Mean Machines said that it could have you "literally screaming in frustration." Still an essential console though, as is anything branded with the Sugar Seal Of Quality :21:
DEATH TO SUGAR

Rogue Trooper

Fire+Forget II which was superb on MS got hammered at review on GX4000.

For an 8 Bit console hardware was'nt that bad, was it? compared to say the C64GS, just far too little, too late?.

TL

I have played GX4000 Switchblade, it wasn't very good . . . . . . .

zapiy

I look at buying one every now and then, maybe i will once i see a bargain i can not turn down.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Gorf

Poor GX4k.....not a well loved console. Makes me not feel too bad about all the Jaguar bashing.  :78:

WiggyDiggyPoo

If its similar to the CPC464 version I'd go for Barbarian II, loved that game on my old Amstrad.

Gorf

The hardware seems to have enough potential to do some good classic retro stuff on it. Shame it never got anywhere.

SnakeEyes

I have a decent collection for the console, but yeah, its not the best.