Atari XL/XE
2 (25%)
Commodore Amiga
2 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: January 09, 2014, 18:41:33 PM

TL

[align=center:1uaqjj8r]

[size=140]We haven't done a Battle Of The Bands for a long time now but it was worth the wait as this one is a real cracker! Released in 1988, Xenon was the first commercial game by the now legendary Bitmap Brothers. One of the most notable aspects of this title was the fantastic music, so which format has the best version of this iconic track?

One way to find out, let the battle commence![/size]

Xenon - C64

Xenon Music Level 1 - Atari ST

Xenon - Atari XL/XE - POKEY Music

Amiga Music - Xenon Track01[/align:1uaqjj8r]

Greyfox

The Atari ST version hands down it was the original and the best version and were i heard the magnificent David Whittaker make the Atari ST sing like he birds, the Atari 8-bit is an amazing rendition of he Atari ST version also, but it had to the Atari ST one.

TrekMD

My vote goes to the Atari XL/XE version.  Music to my ears.  :)

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TL

Quote from: "TrekMD"My vote goes to the Atari XL/XE version.  Music to my ears.  :65:

Bobinator

Amiga, for me. To be totally honest, I don't like the song on any of the vertsions all that much, but I like the sampled sounds of the Amiga version.

zapiy

Its the Amiga one for me also, just seems a better tune to my ears.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TL

Very close so far.

Interestingly I also ran this poll on Facebook and the Atari XL/XE won!

Vyothric

There's something very nice about the AY version. That's what I voted for.

TL

Quote from: "Vyothric"There's something very nice about the AY version. That's what I voted for.

That was definitely my second choice, a very close one I may add.