Barbarian: The Ultimate Warrior - Ported To Sega Mega Drive!

Started by TL, December 20, 2013, 13:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TL

[align=center:119v0jgw]

[size=140]Long before Mortal Kombat, the most brutal fighting game around there was Palace Software's Barbarian: The Ultimate Warrior. Clearly based on the character of Conan the game came out in 1987 to much acclaim and even more controversy. Not just for the extreme violence but also for the cover art that featured featured a bikini-clad Maria Whittaker, best known for being one of the topless Page 3 girls from The Sun newspaper.

2012 marked the 25th anniversary of the game so French homebrew developer Lecornec François set about making new versions of the game for the Amstrad CPC, Commodore 64, Spectrum and Atari ST, Amiga 500, Apple II and PC. He then set about porting the game to the best selling Sega Mega Drive console with this new version being based off his Apple II code.

A physical copy of the game has been doing the rounds on a French retro gaming forum, but it is currently unknown whether or not the game will be sold on cartridge or not. In the meantime you can download a ROM of the game for free to use with emulators and flash cartridges.[/size]

[size=240]DOWNLOAD HERE![/size][/align:119v0jgw]

TrekMD

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TL

Quote from: "TrekMD"Is this only for PAL system?

Not sure, if it's been programmed properly it should work on both.

TrekMD

OK, thanks.  I guess I'll have to test it to find out...when I finally get the flashcart.  :)

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TL

I really hope they do a cart release because the one in that picture looks amazing!

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC