New NES Homebrew - Nighttime Bastards

Started by TrekMD, November 24, 2013, 22:25:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

For those interested, the game is now available to preorder. No money is being taken at this time.  Here is the link to the order page:  Nighttime Bastards Preorder.  They already sold out of the Limited Edition boxed versions. 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Jag_Slave

Looks cool!

I must say, even though we released Blackout! in a small run of about 100 total copies (50 cart/50 cd) somewhere in there. It was a fat pain in the ass.
But we were building all of the carts, boxes, labels, instruction cards by hand. Then shipping them all out on our own.
It really made us think again about releasing another physical title. god bless anyone who does that in large number on their own!
We considered releasing through a site that would do all of the labels, boxes, and logistics, but they take too much of the profit that we had spent months working for.  :112:

I may order a copy of this game though, looks fun and the graphics are very clean. Too bad they cant make boxes and manuals for it. Its silly. I know for a fact when you make boxes, labels, and manuals its done in a fair amount so as to not waste your time and money printing one off, here and there.

TrekMD

Yes, they only made boxes and manuals for 10 carts.  The others are just carts.  I am not sure if they did that intentionally to create rarity or if it was out of necessity.  I was able to get #2.  ;)

Shadowrunner

Only #2 Trek? You're slipping, I thought for sure you would get #1  :21:

TrekMD

Quote from: "Shadowrunner"Only #2 Trek? You're slipping, I thought for sure you would get #1  :21:

TrekMD

I just got notification that this game is ready to ship!  I'm waiting on my invoice from PayPal to make payment.  :)

bogstandard

I've rarely checked in at Nintendo-age but these limited runs can go for crazy prices right off the bat.

I'd much rather my games be limited by demand.  All I can say is that when I make an NES game I already have a good source for boards and have a programmer for them.

TrekMD

The limited run if only of the CIB versions, if I understand correctly.  Anything above 10 has no box and, I believe, is not limited.

bogstandard

Quote from: "TrekMD"The limited run if only of the CIB versions, if I understand correctly.  Anything above 10 has no box and, I believe, is not limited.

Ah!  Well then, that's makes all the difference!

I never got over the habit of ignoring the box and manuals once the actual cartridge was in my greedy hands!