New NES Homebrew - 8-Bit Xmas 2013!

Started by TrekMD, November 05, 2013, 15:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

The folks from Retrozone have been releasing a Christmas cartridge for the NES annually since 2008.  These carts are very sough after and a complete collection runs for over $1000.  Each year the carts have an original game for the Holidays and the carts are made to have blinking lights.  Well, 2013's cart is now available to order.  From their web page:

[font=andale mono:27jzmyfa]There's nothing more emblematic of the Holiday seasons than the cozy feeling you get waking to a fire and conifer brimming under with presents. That feeling of togetherness and warmth and holiday spirit shared while singing songs of the season with friends and family. That feeling of turning Santa's Blaster into a killing machine to use against space aliens. Ah, such memories![/font:27jzmyfa]

[align=center:27jzmyfa] [/align:27jzmyfa]

[align=center:27jzmyfa]8 BIT XMAS 2013[/align:27jzmyfa]

[align=center:27jzmyfa][/align:27jzmyfa]

[align=center:27jzmyfa]More game details and ordering information can be found here:
[size=140]8 BIT XMAS 2013[/size][/align:27jzmyfa]

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Shadowrunner

Love the blinking lights on the cart, very cool!  :113:

TrekMD

Yes, that is a very nifty thing about those carts.  Obviously, this works better on the NES-101 than on the original model since you can actually see the cart light up.

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

Yes it is!  I got my cart, so I need to test it and take pictures of it lit up on my NES-101.  :)