The Amstrad GX4000

Started by zapiy, April 15, 2011, 18:55:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapiy

[align=center:311nfx14][/align:311nfx14]

Go on tell me you had one, sadly never managed to get one of these as of yet.... Sure i will at some point.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

zapiy

Cheers fella I like the frill of the hunt at car boot sales and so on. eBay will be my last resort. Lol

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

DEADDOLL666

yeah i should try and get to a car boot sometime and see if i can find some old console's

Anonymous

I never had one of these either but I do love old consoles maybe I'll look for one myself. What games did this console have?

zapiy

I only have one game for it, Burnin Rubber. If my memory serves me right only 25 games were ever released.

Anonymous

I don't think I ever had one of them but I believe my older brother may of had one. I also agree car boot sales or some charity shops will be the best bet of getting one of these! There is a fair few boot sales which happen around my home-city so I shall keep an eye out :)

TL

I remember playing on this console in Dixons when I was a kid and thought it was terrible  ;D

DreamcastRIP

I bought an Amstrad GX4000 via eBay a couple of years ago for some reason I've not yet being able to fathom. It came CIB including Burnin' Rubber and I've since bought the following games cart-only,

Batman
Crazy Cars II
Klax
Operation Thunderbolt
Pang
Robocop 2
World of Sports

A couple of them are passable but it's hard to enjoy playing on the console as the joypad is an abomination. In summary, the Amstrad GX4000 is by far the worst console I've ever had the misfortune to play.

P.S. This is my first post so 'Hello' to everyone! :)
Owned: Spectrum Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx ST 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive Mega-CD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS, GBm GBA GBC GBP GB VirtualBoy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

dubchaser

I had one some 10 years ago, then sold it.  Then bought another one around 1 year ago for £10 boxed.  Now want to collect all the games but they are a tad expensive in my opinion.

zapiy

Thats a great price.. Agreed with the cost of the games though.

TL

guest4277

We had the CPC Plus which had a GX4000 built into it. RoboCop was pretty good but bloody hard. The best titles for me though were Switchblade and Pang. This was only gaming machine I had for a year until the arrival of my Super Famicom at the end of 1991...I don't think I touched the games on this system again!

TL

TL

2 completely different perspectives on this machine:

Firstly from an American who has never even heard of Amstrad!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlaEL5NFZsI

And now from a veteran English gamer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se9S4n033hk