New Sega Genesis/Mega Drive Homebrew - The First Invasion!

Started by TrekMD, October 31, 2013, 03:22:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

[align=center:3n08423d][/align:3n08423d]

The folks from Psycatic Software have released a clone of Space Invaders for the Sega Genesis/MegaDrive called The First Invasion.  From their page:  "The First Invasion" is a simple space invaders clone, it's not a direct recreation of any particular version of space invaders version but instead a collection of space invaders games. As such it has three different game modes.  You can read full details and download the game here:  The First Invasion.

[align=center:3n08423d]

The First Invasion, Hardware Test[/align:3n08423d]

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Shadowrunner

Looks good, and according to their website you can burn this to CD and play it on a real Sega/Mega CD.
Very cool!

TL

This looks excellent, I love the way they included the Atari 2600 version too. I really need to play this!  :16:

zapiy

Quote from: "Shadowrunner"Looks good, and according to their website you can burn this to CD and play it on a real Sega/Mega CD.
Very cool!

Oh wow thats awesome news..

:113:

Looks great and can not wait to have a bash.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TL

Apparently the developer has just released a new version with bug fixes and some adjustments to the gameplay.

TrekMD

TrekMD

TL

Quote from: "TrekMD"I just found out that there is going to be a collector's edition release of this game:  http://psycatic.proboards.com/thread/9/invasion-collectors-edition

Excellent! I'll definitely be buying that!!!!  :69:

TrekMD

So am I!  I just joined the forum to let them know of my interest.  :)

TL

Quote from: "TrekMD"So am I!  I just joined the forum to let them know of my interest.  :3:

TrekMD

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Anonymous

Hi all,

Thank you so much for your interest in our game, I hope you all enjoy playing it!

We've been working hard on getting the collector's edition together and today we have put in a two player mode. It's quite good fun, simultaneous competitive co-op, both working to the common goal of destroying all the invaders, with shared bonuses etc, but still with an aim to get the highest score.

I'm really glad for all the support we have received, it's you guys who keep us going and excited to be making games for the Megadrive again!

Phil

TrekMD

Hi Phil and welcome to RVG!  Glad to have you here! 

TL

Quote from: "psycatic"Hi all,

Thank you so much for your interest in our game, I hope you all enjoy playing it!

We've been working hard on getting the collector's edition together and today we have put in a two player mode. It's quite good fun, simultaneous competitive co-op, both working to the common goal of destroying all the invaders, with shared bonuses etc, but still with an aim to get the highest score.

I'm really glad for all the support we have received, it's you guys who keep us going and excited to be making games for the Megadrive again!

Phil

Thanks for popping in and telling us about this, I was going to do a review of the game for you but I think I will wait until you get this version out!  :16: