Let's Compare Renegades

Started by TrekMD, October 19, 2013, 16:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Let's look at another comparison video.  This time, we are looking at multiple ports of the arcade game is Renegade!

[align=center:plsbujb8]Let's Compare ( Renegade ) ( REMADE VIDEO )[/align:plsbujb8]

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TL

I had the Speccy version and later the ST version as a kid and loved both, excellent conversions.

Don't like the look of the C64 port much and the Apple II iteration is just a joke.

Amstrad version looks quite nice if a bit blocky and with only a small play area. NES version seems ok too.

Impressed with the Master System conversion though, I will need to look out for this!

TrekMD

I thought the same about the SMS version.  Another one to get!  :)

TL

What a lot of people don't know is that Double Dragon was originally the arcade sequel to Renegade!

It was never promoted as such though outside of Japan because of the release of Ocean's unofficial sequel Target Renegade.

TrekMD

Quote from: "The Laird"What a lot of people don't know is that Double Dragon was originally the arcade sequel to Renegade!

It was never promoted as such though outside of Japan because of the release of Ocean's unofficial sequel Target Renegade.

That's interesting.  No wonder the looks so familiar.

zapiy

Quote from: "The Laird"I had the Speccy version and later the ST version as a kid and loved both, excellent conversions.

Don't like the look of the C64 port much and the Apple II iteration is just a joke.

Amstrad version looks quite nice if a bit blocky and with only a small play area. NES version seems ok too.

Impressed with the Master System conversion though, I will need to look out for this!

I see what you mean about the Master System version.. Very good..

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TL

If you have never seen it, the Spectrum version of Ocean Software's sequel, Target Renegade:

ZX Spectrum Longplay [021] Target Renegade

Greyfox

yes, I loved "Hot-Blooded Tough Guy Kunio" on the Atari ST, and amazingly that Technos decided this as the immediate to make Double Dragon the Sequel, and always wondered why Technos decided to release a Double Dragon II sequel with billy and Jimmy present, so wouldn't that make Renegade part 1,  DD part 2 and DD 2 part 3 actually be Double Dragon 3? and Double Dragon 3: Rosetta Stones a.k.a. Double Dragon 4?

as this means sense now,because back in 1994 for the 16-bits and 1995 for the Atari Jag out of the blue, came out the One on One fighting atrocity that was "Double Dragon 5 : The Shadow falls" so they must of referenced this from the Japan release order of Double dragon games, as I always wondered, where was Double Dragon 4 (official) back them.

nice bit of trivia that.

TL

Quote from: "Greyfox"yes, I loved "Hot-Blooded Tough Guy Kunio" on the Atari ST, and amazingly that Technos decided this as the immediate sequel to Double Dragon, as none of the characters or main character in renegade are named Billy of Jimmy, and always wondered why Technos decided to release a Double Dragon II sequel with billy and Jimmy present, so wouldn't that make Renegade part 2 of DD and DD 2 actually be Double Dragon 3? , and Double Dragon 3: Rosetta Stones a.k.a. Double Dragon 4?

as this means sense now,because back in 1994 for the 16-bits and 1995 for the Atari Jag out of the blue, came out the One on One fighting atrocity that was "Double Dragon 5 : The Shadow falls" so they must of referenced this from the Japan release order of Double dragon games, as I always wondered, where was Double Dragon 4 (offical) back them.

nice bit of trivia that.

You are getting confused here, as I already said Double Dragon is the sequel to Renegade - not the other way round.

Double Dragon 4 was also known as Super Double Dragon on the SNES.

The horror that is Double Dragon V was a SNES and Mega Drive game first that is based on the cartoon series, the "enhanced" Jaguar port came just after.

Greyfox

yes I meant that..Double Dragon was the sequel etc...Double Dragon 4 on the Snes was "The Return of Double Dragon" in Japan and on the Title screen of the actual game. But is an original title and not based on any preceding arcade version.

[align=center:1v1ro1za]USA Version[/align:1v1ro1za]
[align=center:1v1ro1za][/align:1v1ro1za]

[align=center:1v1ro1za]Japan Version[/align:1v1ro1za]
[align=center:1v1ro1za][/align:1v1ro1za]

this was the version I played..and loved it, and if any of you who have not played this..man your missing out.

TL

Yeah it's a very good game for the SNES, shame it never came out on the Mega Drive  :2: