*NEW* Atari Jaguar Game - Blackout!

Started by TL, March 11, 2012, 16:32:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TL

First video, taken its time! Why they never made a video themselves I don't know   ???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8ru_1sD ... re=g-all-u

Jag_Slave

Yeah its a small run of games, but we will do several more. And if we start seeing them pop up on Ebay for ridiculous prices (regardless if we have a free version) we will do a run to undercut those guys that are ripping people off.
As far as the video goes, yeah we had an early beta test video on youtube. But we couldnt justify purchasing video recording equipment for game movies because we were low on funds. But here we are now. Theres a video up.

As far as next titles go??? Who knows. We have a ton of ideas and cant make up our minds yet. Drawing straws as we speak. No remakes of old games in mind, just an original title for once.

TL

Quote from: "Jag_Slave"Yeah its a small run of games, but we will do several more. And if we start seeing them pop up on Ebay for ridiculous prices (regardless if we have a free version) we will do a run to undercut those guys that are ripping people off.
As far as the video goes, yeah we had an early beta test video on youtube. But we couldnt justify purchasing video recording equipment for game movies because we were low on funds. But here we are now. Theres a video up.

As far as next titles go??? Who knows. We have a ton of ideas and cant make up our minds yet. Drawing straws as we speak. No remakes of old games in mind, just an original title for once.

Should have just recorded it using an emu or a video camera, anyhow dosn't matter now.

Well as long as the next game actually works on PAL machines you might sell a lot more.

TrekMD

This was posted on AA a short time ago.  I thought I'd share it.  Unbelievable.

Sorry guys, we've thrown in the towel. We've decided to close up and call it quits. Despite the fact that we were going to release the rom file for free here shortly after a release of the 2nd run of carts and some CDs we found the rom file dumped ALREADY....
There is quite a bit more to the story beyond this as well as additional reasons, but  we won't get into much detail.

....Consider storm works interactive dissolved and dis-banded and all 3 current in development additional jaguar projects cancelled indefinately. Thanks to a handfull in the community for runing off another dev group yet again. Sorry it had to be this way...

SWI Team Signing off...

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TL

That's a real shame  :'(

Who ever did this is an utter scumbag (I am pretty sure I know who) and well, I am lost for words really. It's utterly disgusting.

>:(

I have to say though the messages of "support" from some of the biggest scumbags the world has ever known are cringeworthy and why Jeff chose to "trust" them is quite baffling in all honesty so I can't say I am surprised.

NOTE: Yes Reboot I know you are watching us, why I have no idea but whatever floats your boat I guess. I WAS NOT referring to you so there is no need for the paranoia, if I wanted to accuse you of anything I would have already done it using my account on Atari Age.

zapiy

Shame to read what has happened. Best of luck to the guys and what they decide going forward.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TL

Indeed.

I must say the story seems a little strange, I noticed that when I Googled it yesterday it was showing up on one of the ROM sites to download.

TrekMD

This was just posted:

I've talked it over with shawn and since we still have supplies for this game sitting around to make a few carts and CDs we will release what we have. once we run out, thats it.

The game has been updated a little bit in the back end but nothing visually that you would notice probably. I have also enabled "PAL support" based on the feedback of many, however its still not technically PAL. The screen dimensions are still NTSC height and width and with a bit of code that was brought to attention by zerosquare will force a 50HZ (pal) jaguar into 60hz mode without modification to the console itself.  The screen itself is a little pushed upward by about 20 pixels or so id say, so its not perfect but its not cutting anything crucial off the screen.  This isnt technically a perfect fix but it does make it playable on a pal console.  This might not fair very well on very very old PAL televisions however since the game is forcing the console to run at 60 hz and the older televsion may not keep up or like this...

I dont have a timeline on when these will be released, i do know that we will have some carts and some CDs available though.

zapiy

Good stuff. Maybe these design houses need a new home.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

Definitely a good thing and it is good that they've also addressed the PAL issue to some extent.  At least the game will be playable on PAL machines.

TL

Sounds promising, I still don't understand why they have to bodge it though. Why not just fix the code?

Oh well, wait and see how much it will be this time I suppose before I commit.

zapiy

If they want out I guess it's pointless spending hours of coding for no gain.

TrekMD

This was just posted on AA: 
Ok guys, ive got 38 Jag CD copies of the game. We were shooting for 40 copies for CD but had 2 where the disc label looked less than satisfactory so we scrapped them. Im still waiting to burn all the carts here and then ill release a number of how many i've got.

TL

Quote from: "TrekMD"This was just posted on AA: 
Ok guys, ive got 38 Jag CD copies of the game. We were shooting for 40 copies for CD but had 2 where the disc label looked less than satisfactory so we scrapped them. Im still waiting to burn all the carts here and then ill release a number of how many i've got.

Thats cool, no word on how to order them though  :-

TrekMD

Quote from: "The Laird"
Quote from: "TrekMD"This was just posted on AA: 

Thats cool, no word on how to order them though  :-

Not yet.  As soon as I find out, I'll post it here.