*NEW* Atari Jaguar Game - Blackout!

Started by TL, March 11, 2012, 16:32:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TL

[align=center:33v70b6p]

Blackout!

Blackout, is a fast paced puzzle game that will be sure to make even the most patient gamer crazy. The project was started back in 2009 and has slowly
evolved over time (on and off) from what was a simple 5 level alpha demo to a full fledged Re-coded game.

The object of this game is to turn off all of the lit up bulbs in the least amount of moves and within the alotted time given. Blackout features such
power ups as the bomb to blow up things when you've had enough, and a clock to freeze the timer so you can think that next move over or grab yourself
additional time to complete the level.

[/align:33v70b6p]

TrekMD

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Minerals

hardly pushing the capabilities of the machine that!

zapiy

Agreed. Probably suits me better than the Tube.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TL

Quote from: "Minerals"hardly pushing the capabilities of the machine that!

Not really what puzzle games are about though is it :-

zapiy

Puzzle games are a big plus for me so i look forward to more on this. 

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TL

Quote from: "zapiy"Puzzle games are a big plus for me so i look forward to more on this.

Me too. Thats one of the things I love about the Lynx, shit loads of puzzle games.

zapiy

Jag_Slave

Hey everyone...

The game is at a slight speedbump yet again :/

Myself and my coder are arguing about the format of the release. There will be an initial release of 25 carts, with plans of an additional 25 if those sell. Then Im fighting to get him to build a CD version (90 copies or so) in the exact same format with mod music etc. That way there are plenty of copies out there before we release it to the public for free on the skunk.

Right now we are still rounding off a couple more songs (mod format is hard to come by as far as free or new usable music goes). The actual game is finished, however we are testing for bugs, and trying to make sure the game burns correctly to cart. WHich adds another dynamic because we aren't sure YET what the code difference is from US games to PAL?games... Uggg!
We are also making some sort of simple ending with the possibility of bonus material.

So thats that.

Another entirely different game is on the table after that. Tentatively called : ASO.
Of course if we dont scrap it... we have about a dozen ideas that are in the draft stages that we jump back and forth between. So indecisive!   :o

TL

I think a CD version is a must personally. Far more profitable, better music and easier / cheaper to make.

PAL screens have more lines so the easiest way is actually just to add borders to the top and bottom that will technically be "off the screen" on an an NTSC system but allow the screen ratio to be correct on a PAL machine.

NTSC display = 720 x 480                PAL display = 720 x 576

If you need help with the testing then just let me know.

Jag_Slave

Yeah when we run it pal in the emulator, the upper top quarter of the game is off screen... Hmmmm

TL

Quote from: "Jag_Slave"Yeah when we run it pal in the emulator, the upper top quarter of the game is off screen... Hmmmm

You can't really trust emulators which dosn't help either.

Jag_Slave

Great news here!

Burnt our first working beta copy on cartridge this week :)

zapiy

Jag_Slave

Thankya Thankya!

Now that we know how to do that.. You will start seeing a waterfall of images and news etc the closer we get to releasing.