Author Topic: Most expensive game in your collection  (Read 2611 times)

Offline onthinice

• View Profile
Re: Most expensive game in your collection
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2013, 19:18:52 PM »
Funny, I remember buying new games for the Nes, Snes, Genesis, TG-16 and Sega CD. Can't remember the exact prices.

I have an old receipt from Kay B Toys. NASCAR '99 on sale for $39.99 for the N64.

Offline DZ-Jay

• View Profile
    • http://www.CarolVsGhost.com
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2013, 00:42:18 AM »
The most expensive game in my collection... Hmm...

I'd have to say, Christmas Carol.  That game turned out to be the fruit of a Faustian deal--it rob me of almost two years of life, made me miss Christmas (of all things!), and almost cost me my marriage.  Not to mention a not insignificant amount of money in promoting and supporting the launch.

In the end, I'd do it all over again; though I'd be more careful in keeping my marriage and holiday traditions. :)

dZ.

Online TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://plus.google.com/+EugenioAngueira
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2013, 01:08:26 AM »
That sounds very expensive indeed!

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2013, 09:15:38 AM »
Indeed, I am sure a few devs no how you feel fella.
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Offline sloan

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2013, 22:52:17 PM »
Quote from: "DZ-Jay"
The most expensive game in my collection... Hmm...

I'd have to say, Christmas Carol.  That game turned out to be the fruit of a Faustian deal--it rob me of almost two years of life, made me miss Christmas (of all things!), and almost cost me my marriage.  Not to mention a not insignificant amount of money in promoting and supporting the launch.

In the end, I'd do it all over again; though I'd be more careful in keeping my marriage and holiday traditions. :)

dZ.

Wow. Quite pricey indeed. I bought a copy and am happy you made the necessary sacrifices.

By the title of the thread, I first thought it meant what game I have that is now worth the most. Now that I understand, I have never paid more than retail for a game. Bought many of my VCS an NES games new way back when, so will guess $40-$50 range is most I have paid for any given game in my collection. I have some rarer specimens in my collection, but mostly found them on the cheap.