The GBA thread

Started by Rogue Trooper, September 24, 2013, 12:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rogue Trooper

:1: No dedicated GBA thread yet either?

Cannot believe i'm doing this, creating a thread praising Nintendo, lol, but i do love my GBA.

Right i'm going to start the ball rolling with a game that never was....

Mike Ebert (designer/programer of SNES/MD 'Zombies Ate My Neighbors' had planned to do a true follow up to the game (Ghoul Patrol was never meant as a sequel, it was just a result of development tools used in Zombies being given to another team at Lucas who were developing a game of their own, but project stalled, so Lucas decided to 'save it' by turning it into Ghoul Patrol) on GBA (and possibly DS).

So, he+his team approached Lucas about accuring the rights to do a GBA version/true sequel, but the current management team at that time had no idea LucasArts had even made Zombies!, so they had zero interest in giving Mike the time needed to set a deal up, so nothing ever came of it.

Mikes vision for a Zombies Ate My Nieghbours 2 on GBA would have involved networked MP, more kids to choose from and a lot more levels.

But 'thanks' to the damn suits at LucasArts, we never saw the project even get a green light.

[align=center:28uy7uyo][/align:28uy7uyo]

TrekMD

No, no GBA thread had been started before.  About time!  ;)  Looks like LucasArts didn't want to see neighbors eaten on the GBA! 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Rogue Trooper

Quote from: "TrekMD"No, no GBA thread had been started before.  About time!  ;)  Looks like LucasArts didn't want to see neighbors eaten on the GBA!

Got a few more titbits of triva over GBA stuff i could throw in here at some point...

Games wise:

My personal collection is small, but worthy i feel, lol

Reaxion (Cosine), Thrust (Grumpy Cat), Medal Of Honour Infiltrator, Special Forces CT, Racing Gears Advance, Spiderman:Mysterio's Menace, Yoshi's Island/Mario Advance 3, Metal Slug Advance, Bubble Bobble, Wings, Rebelstar:Tactial Command, Warioware Inc, Sega Arcade Gallery, Gunstar Future Heroes,Qwak, Ninja Cop (bootleg cart sadly), bruce Lee, Astro Boy, Pinball Of The dead, Chu Chu Rocket, SPF2T...might be few more titles boxed away somewhere....

TrekMD

My GBA game collection is not big either.  I actually have a mix of GBA, GBC, and GB games that I play on it.  Just for discussion's sake, here's a video with 20 games that "defined" the GBA.  :)

[align=center:3mhc9azn]20 Games That Defined The Game Boy Advance[/align:3mhc9azn]

Rogue Trooper

Nice video!.I had F-Zero and Advance wars at 1 point, never took to either so they soon went.Had a dig through my boxes this afternoon, forgot i also owned Castlevania double pack+I.K Advance.

TrekMD

That's why I have made every effort to have an inventory of all my games, books, etc.  In fact, I just finished the book inventory (I have over 400) and the video game inventory was also updated with all the new Genesis stuff. 

zapiy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7fmAPfHxbk#

I used to play this all the time.. Great example of the game.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Rogue Trooper

Quote from: "zapiy"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7fmAPfHxbk#

I used to play this all the time.. Great example of the game.

That'll be thank's to Crawfish Interactive, who produced some stunning GBA games, sadly late payments and declining interest in GBA games from punters saw them go under, pity as they had a lot of unfinished games on the go inc:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akqXd0fLz9o#

TrekMD

The GBA community has produced a lot of different games for the system, even games based on existing franchises.  Here is an example:  Super Mario: The Last GBA Quest.  Has anyone played it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoPEdDZ6VCw#

dcultrapro

I just won one of these on ebay for £7 and its in its box, looking forward to getting it, its backward compat with both Gameboys right?
Ultrapro on xbox live

TrekMD

The GBA is indeed compatible with GBC and original GB games as long as you got either the original model or the GBA-sp.  :)

dcultrapro

This is the one I'm getting, that exact colour

can't wait... £7 is frickin awesome!! Hopefully the screen will be better too
Ultrapro on xbox live

TL

Quote from: "dcultrapro"This is the one I'm getting, that exact colour

http://static.ddmcdn.com/gif/gameboy-glacier.jpg

can't wait... £7 is frickin awesome!! Hopefully the screen will be better too

He has a couple of GBAs in the shop down the road including a nice clear blue one. He has a load of GBA and GBC games too, some of them still sealed.

dcultrapro

sweet... wish we had a store like that still in Watford :(
Ultrapro on xbox live

TrekMD

Cool, that's the original design.  I have that same one and an SP. :)