The Sony PSP Thread

Started by Rogue Trooper, September 21, 2013, 20:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onthinice

Quote from: "TrekMD"
Quote from: "Shadowrunner"I have a PSP that can connect to a TV, and the cable to do so. I tried it once and thought the picture looked terrible blown up on the big screen! I only tried a couple games and then quickly turned it off, so it's possible some games look better then others, or maye there's settings that can be changed to improve the picture, but I wasn't impressed. Maybe others have had better success but I wouldn't recommend buying another system just for that feature. Just my two cents  :)

Good to know.  Thanks.

What size screen did you try it on Shadowrunner? A 60-inch LED would be great to play on but if it looked better on a 20-inch LED, then it might be worth it to play on a bigger screen then the PSP offers.

Shadowrunner

It was a while ago but I'm pretty sure I had my HD TV at that point, so it was a 32" LCD. Guess I should try it on my CRT TV sometime and see how it looks on it.

TrekMD

Well, do let us know.  :)  Maybe on a 20" screen it doesn't look too bad.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Shadowrunner

Quote from: "TrekMD"Well, do let us know.  :7:

TrekMD

Metal Jesus posted this video...

[align=center:2z8vqdxp]http://youtu.be/PeOszDTJ53M[/align:2z8vqdxp]

onthinice

Great video that explains the PSP very well and it does seem like an excellent system for racing games.

The PSP has become my choice platform for the Genesis Road Rash games. If it only had better battery life.

TrekMD

This thread has not seen any action in a while.  John Hancock just released a video going over some of the games of the PSP.  Check it out. These are pretty good game compilations for the system that he reviews...

Ryuhi

A game I really loved for the PSP is Motrostorm Arctic Edge. Don't usually like racing games but this one I got on the cheap at the time and thought it was fantastic.

Also really likes the PSP version on Marvel Ultimate alliance. Mostly because Hawkeye is one of my favourite marvel characters and he was exclusive to PSP.

TrekMD

I'm not familiar with Motorstorm Arctic Edge but I have Marvel Ultimate Alliance.  I really enjoy the latter.

Ryuhi

Motrostorm is well worth a look if you have a PSP just amp great off road racer. It came out for ps2 as well but that version costs a bit more to get than the PSP version.

TrekMD

Cool, will have to check it out.  Thanks!

DeadVoivod

With latest versions of PPSSPP you can now run the games in 4k and do a lot of video calibration, so that the games actually look good on bigger TVs.

TrekMD

I love my PSP but not all games were good on it.  There's always blunders on any system.  John Hancock just released a video with some of those "not so hot" titles.  Check it out...