New Atari 2600 Homebrew in development - Nightmare on Elm St

Started by TrekMD, October 04, 2013, 15:58:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Atari Adam (who just joined us here on RVG) is working on the development of a new title for the Atari 2600:   Never Sleep Again - A Tribute To A Nightmare On Elm Street.  With his permission, I'm posting about the project here.  You can find the original thread here:  Nightmare On Elm Street (Atari 2600) WIP.

[align=center:3vhuh022][/align:3vhuh022]

As a fan of horror movies, one of the best (in my opinion) is the A Nightmare On Elm Street series. As a fan of Atari I have always wanted to see this as a playable game for the medium. This game is not finished by any means nor is it started.. We have concept art thus far and the idea. We are working hard to make this happen.  Splatterhouse Video Games is in the market to bring you high quality video games from the horror genre for your Atari 2600 gaming console.

Right now we have prototype images to help promote and show you, the fans of what kind of game we are looking to produce. Below you will find the images of what the layout and design of the box will look like, the cart label and also a prototype image of the cart with labels on it.

[align=center:3vhuh022]Here are the first official game sprites for the game by Illya Wilson (A.K.A. PAC-MAN-RED)[/align:3vhuh022]

[align=center:3vhuh022][size=140]CHARACTERS[/size][/align:3vhuh022]

[align=center:3vhuh022]FREDDIE
[/align:3vhuh022]

[align=center:3vhuh022]NANCY

[align=center:3vhuh022]GLEN

[align=center:3vhuh022][size=140]GAME SCREENSHOT CONCEPT ART[/size][/align:3vhuh022]
[align=center:3vhuh022]Here is a very raw and rough idea of how the game play will look like. Keep in mind this is not the actual game but the idea of it using the character sprites that WILL be used in the game.[/align:3vhuh022]

SOUL METER: The soul meter keeps track of how many victims souls you take while they are asleep. After you capture enough souls you will be offered a bonus stage that will allow you to re-fill your dream meter.

LEVEL METER: The level meter is the level of difficulty you have the game set on.

DREAM METER: The dream meter is essentially your time limit. It is how long you have in the dream world to take the souls of the innocent before they awake. Once the meter is empty the game is over.

[align=center:3vhuh022]_______________________________________________________________________________

Once the programming of the game is completed we will begin taking pre-orders for this game. It will be a limited run. As far as how many and of what, we are unsure as of yet. Keep posted to this page for updates and more information on A Nightmare On Elm Street video game for the Atari 2600.

!!!!WE ARE LOOKING FOR YOUR INPUT!!!!
Please make sure to comment and give us your feedback and input. All of it, good and bad will be put into consideration.

Thank you for the support and keep posted.[/align:3vhuh022]

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Shadowrunner

I love the Nightmare on Elm Street series!
Looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

Greyfox

That is deadly  :)

Please keep up updated with the one..

P.s. chance of a Friday the 13th game next?

zapiy

Brilliant stuff indeed.. So much attention to detail.. Great work to those involved on this.. :113:

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TL

rudyferretti

Very impressed by what I see funny thing is being a TOP splatterhouse and Nightmare player, it's very cool to see this.....

Minerals