Let's Compare WWF Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game

Started by TrekMD, September 14, 2013, 02:23:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

I haven't played many wresting games, but I figured this comparison would be on interest.  Not a lot of different systems but the do run a gamut from PC to the first PlayStation.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

64bitRuss

That game has outstanding graphics and audio. This would have been a great addition to the Jaguar library, or the JagCD.

TL

Always hated this game, Midway basically turned WWF into a Mortal Kombat style game and failed on two fronts. It was both a crap fighter and a crap wrestling game. I own the MD and Saturn versions but never play them.

Shadowrunner

I loved the WWF games in the 16 bit days but this was very different. Not my favourite my it does look good.
Good to see the Genesis/MD compared to the 32X version, big improvement!

onthinice

Great versions.

Sadly WWF Wrestling titles are like Star Wars games. Some bad some good. Thankfully there are enough to make anyone happy!

Bobinator

This is one of the very, very few wrestling games I've ever enjoyed or understood. Never watched professional wrestling, don't plan to, so a game that basically plays like Mortal Kombat is basically right on my level for this sort of thing. I prefer Capcom's Saturday Night Slam Masters, personally, but this is still pretty fun.

That said, I'd say the DOS version wins out over all of these. Sure, the audio's a tad clear on the CD console versions, but you also have slightly less loading times on the DOS version. Unless you play from the CD, but I don't think this guy's doing that.

TL

The only good WWF arcade game was this:

Wrestlefest is still one of the best games ever in fact, it is quite frankly criminal that it never got a home port.

64bitRuss

Yeah I will agree with you there, I miss Wrestlefest. One of the best arcade games of all time, without question. I was a pretty big fan of WWF Superstars too.