Let's Compare Lode Runner

Started by TrekMD, August 28, 2013, 04:11:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Time for a new game comparison!  Here is Lode Runner!  There are a TON of versions of this game to go through.  I own the Lyxn version and there's even a version of the original on Android.  :)  It's quite interesting to see how much variation there is in some of these versions.

[align=center:2wddx5d3]Let's Compare ( Lode Runner )[/align:2wddx5d3]

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TL

I had played Lode Runner on tons of formats but never really got into it until just recently. It was one of the games I got with my XEGS and stuck it on for a quick go and got really drawn into it. It takes much more thought than the average puzzler, I like it a lot!

Shame the Lynx version was never 100% finished, could really do with some proper sound.

TrekMD

It would indeed have been nice to see the Lynx version completed.  At least the game is playable and it is indeed fun to play. 

onthinice

I played the Commodore 64 version the most. The Apple II seems familiar. Must have played at school, when I should have been learning. :21:

TrekMD

Quote from: "onthinice"I played the Commodore 64 version the most. The Apple II seems familiar. Must have played at school, when I should have been learning. :24:

Alberto 2K

At first it looks like an easy game, I tried it a couple of times on the PCE and realized it's a tough one, you have to think a lot to progress. :)

I need to try it again with more patience, it's an attractive game despite its simple graphics.
Don't be surprised, my broken English is legendary!

TrekMD

Oh yes, Lode Runner can be deceiving.  It is not as easy as it looks! 

Alberto 2K

Quote from: "TrekMD"Oh yes, Lode Runner can be deceiving.  It is not as easy as it looks!
I think this game is more suitable for adult players with patience than kids, true classic and really challenging, I want to try the Android version, almost bought it this morning!
Don't be surprised, my broken English is legendary!