New Elektronite Intellivision Game - Boulder Dash!

Started by TrekMD, August 16, 2013, 14:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

[align=center:hg85w8np][/align:hg85w8np]

Elektronite has announced the release of a new Intellivision game, Boulder Dash!  Here is the original announcement:

Elektronite, Classic Game Publishers, Inc. and First Star Software, Inc. are pleased to announce that they will be co-publishing Boulder Dash® For the Mattel Electronics Intellivision® video game system.

Since its initial release in 1984, several million units of Boulder Dash® have been purchased throughout the world on numerous platforms. Undoubtedly, Boulder Dash® is First Star's best known game, and continues to delight and challenge casual and hard-core players of all ages and both sexes. We are pleased to finally, after 30 years, be able to bring the official Boulder Dash® to the Intellivision®.

Boulder Dash® is currently in development for the Intellivision® and is scheduled to be released in SUMMER 2014.

Elektronite and Classic Game Publishers, Inc. are pleased to be working with First Star Software, Inc. to bring this beloved classic game to the Intellivision® platform.

[size=80]
Boulder Dash® is a registered trademark of First Star Software, Inc.
Intellivision® is a registered trademark of Intellivision Productions, Inc.
Classic Game Publishers, Inc. is an authorized developer of games for the Intellivision® and publishes
QUALITY games for the Intellivision® under its Elektronite brand.
Classic Game Publishers, Inc. and Elektronite are not affiliated with Intellivision Productions, Inc.
Intellivision Productions, Inc. does not endorse this product. [/size]

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Alberto 2K

I love Boulder Dash, congrats Intellivision fans! FSS are great, letting homebrewers port this awesome game to classic consoles is a very nice move.
BD is awesome on the 2600, one of the best games on the system without a doubt.

I would love to see a Jaguar version someday... :105:
Don't be surprised, my broken English is legendary!

DreamcastRIP

Quote from: "Alberto 2K"I would love to see a Jaguar version someday... :24:
Owned: Spectrum Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx ST 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive Mega-CD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS, GBm GBA GBC GBP GB VirtualBoy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

Alberto 2K

DreamcastRIP

Quote from: "Alberto 2K"I mean a proper an licensed Jaguar version!! :21:

Respect for intellectual property rights in teh Jag scene? Oh, I think I just about remember those days!
Owned: Spectrum Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx ST 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive Mega-CD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS, GBm GBA GBC GBP GB VirtualBoy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

TrapZZ

Wow an official licensed version, this is really cool!
Join my brother and I as we drink beer and review every US NES game ever made (the actual games on the actual hardware, not emulated).
http://www.brothernights.com

TrekMD

It's good to see that at least some companies do agree to licensing games to old systems.  They've been trying to get licensing for Ms. Pac-Man and a few other games without any success. 

Alberto 2K

Quote from: "DreamcastRIP"
Quote from: "Alberto 2K"I mean a proper an licensed Jaguar version!! :53:

Sorry for the offtopic, can't wait to see this game on the INTV even when I don't own one, true classic. :113:

Rogue Trooper

Quote from: "Alberto 2K"I love Boulder Dash, congrats Intellivision fans! FSS are great, letting homebrewers port this awesome game to classic consoles is a very nice move.

Would have loved a Jaguar Crystal Mines III.

Alberto 2K

Quote from: "Rogue Trooper"
Quote from: "Alberto 2K"I love Boulder Dash, congrats Intellivision fans! FSS are great, letting homebrewers port this awesome game to classic consoles is a very nice move.

Would have loved a Jaguar Crystal Mines III.
No doubt, Crystal Mines II on the Lynx is a nice BD clone!

TrekMD

[align=center:2v691rzs][/align:2v691rzs]

[align=center:2v691rzs]Let's get back on course.  :48:[/align:2v691rzs]

TL

I will be really interested to see how this version compares to the one on the Atari 2600!

Great to see this game getting another retro release!  :16:

TrekMD

I'm quite curious to see how the game looks on the Intellivision.  I'm sure a good effort will be put forward to make it as good as it can be for the system.

Elektronite

"I love Boulder Dash, congrats Intellivision fans! FSS are great, letting homebrewers port this awesome game to classic consoles is a very nice move."

They didn't 'let' us port the game. This is officially licensed, bought and paid for. First Star Software, Inc. and Classic Game Publishers, Inc. in association with Elektronite are co-publishing the game.

We aren't 'homebrewers'.

I've said it many times, but people insist on calling us 'homebrew'. We are a real company. As real as First Star Software.

This is a graphic of the First Star logo running on a real Intellivision.

onthinice

Great game! Great looking graphic!

The homebrew comment should be viewed as a positive.

Electronic Arts is a real company. Lately, I have seen homebrew games that are better than the dribble EA releases.

Use it for your advertising. "Elektronite! We are not homebrewers, but we are the next best thing." 

Gamers trust the small guy who cares, over the big corporations that could care less.