Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

It sure is!  That's why I'm not taking the piss!  LOL

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TrekMD

Shadowrunner

TrekMD

If this sells for that price, I'm repacking mine and selling it!  I have the original box with all the plastic wrap, etc.  LOL

Shadowrunner

Okay, I'm calling BS on this one.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/183329164814

I have a repro copy of the dumped version of this and I would bet this is the same, despite what the seller claims.

If this was legit, why would they have used a different sized board than normal and cut open a cartridge shell to put it in? This game was in development very late in the 32X life, long after the boards and chips for 32X games had been finalized. This looks like something somebody threw together to try and fool people.

Any experts around here that can chime in?

TrekMD

I can't tell either way but that's quite the price tag no matter what.

Shadowrunner

Wow, it was at less than 100 when I saw it! If people are willing to pay that much maybe it is real.

TrekMD

It must really be a sought out item, then. 

Shadowrunner

People just being stupid with their money.

Like I said, I have a repro copy of the dumped version of this, and from what I've read it was the last build before they scrapped the game. It looks pretty good but there isn't anything to do in the game but walk around one area and look at stuff. You can't do anything else.

Sure if this is legit you are buying a very rare prototype but that's a lot of money just to say you have it!

TrekMD

For something that doens't play? Yes, that is a silly amount of money to spend.

TrekMD

Shadowrunner

Wow, that's a lot of zeros! But hey, free shipping! ;D

TrekMD

Thank goodness for small favors!

Saturn

TrekMD

Here's another one. Though not as expensive, the price is a bit absurd.  This is a limited release homebrew title that was actually secretly sold (the game engine was used to make new games for the Intellivision).  This is SMURF: RESCUE IN GARGEMEL'S CASTLE.  I wish had been among those who got this game!  Here is the auction:  Mattel Intellivision Homebrew Video Game SMURF: RESCUE IN GARGEMEL'S CASTLE New.