The Sega Master System Discussion Thread

Started by TrekMD, July 27, 2013, 20:55:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Hmm, I do not have an original one of those.  I bought one that is shaped like a cart that works quite well.  If you want a real SMS, though, then seems like the universe is sending you a message.  ;)

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Dreamcast Gamer

I guess so.  It certainly is a great excuse XD

TrekMD

onthinice

I have been thinking about this system lately. Great versions of Choplifter and Rampage.

zapiy

It is a often forgotten system, we should all pay it some attention.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

AmigaJay

Loved my Master System, got it for my birthday 1988, i had the hang-on/safari hunt pack with lightgun, was very futuristic and high tech compared to the NES which as a young boy made me want one!

Trying to remember what games i had, only had around 15 games in total before i sold it around 1991.

As well as the pack-in games i had

American Pro Football
Basketball Nightmare
Battle Outrun
California Games
Choplifter
Dynamite Dux
Golden Axe
Golfamania
Moonwalker
Operation Wolf
Space Harrier
Wonderboy 3 - Dragons Trap
World Soccer

Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

TrekMD

Here is a nice video talking about the Master System from Retro Core...

TrekMD

Here is a video from Top Hat Gaming Man discusses the history of the Sega Master System and why it failed in the USA.

TrekMD

The Sega Master System is often overshadowed by its successor for great games.  In this video, John Hancock takes a look at this great console and share with you some of its best games.  Enjoy!

TrekMD

No love for the SMS?  Here's a video of unlreleased titles by The New Retro Show...

Sanddancer

I'm a fan of the master system, never had one when I was a kid but did play it now again at a neighbours, I prefer it over the nes  I find the graphics better, maybe it lacks in quality titles but still some decent games, I don't have a massive collection for it 33 games I think.

onthinice

Sounds like a nice collection that you have Sanddancer. I agree the Sega Master System does have a few decent titles.

If there is an upside to the Sega Master System failures then it would have to be the choice to release the Sega Genesis/MegaDrive. Thankfully Sega did not give up.