Zippy the Porcupine (Sonic The Hedgehog) - Atari 2600

Started by TrekMD, July 27, 2013, 03:33:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

It is impressive indeed.  I don't know if he'll be adding more detail later.  I know this is supposed to be a 64K game, so there may be the space for that or the space may be used for more levels. 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TrekMD

Just wanted to post Sprybug's latest update about the game:

[font=georgia:1ystbwlq]All levels are finished and tested

Wrote the continue routines last weekend, but have yet to test.

Implemented the world map routines with the rest of the game and was able to go about the map and go from each level within it and go to the correct boss battle when landing on Robotnik after finishing the stage

Next I'll be testing the continuation routine, but you have to have at least one gem to continue, so I may just program starting with one so I can see if it works for now.

Then after that will be programming the final battle and the end sequences.  I only have about 2k left for all of this, so I hope I can squeeze it all in.

After that, I'll be cleaning up some code and fixing a few known bugs, like one where for no reason at all and only sometimes, zippy will fall through the floor and die at the beginning of a boss battle.

Then after that will be beta testing, where I'll need some of you lovely people to test it and report back to me so I can fix stuff that I don't even know about![/font:1ystbwlq]

TL

guest5613

I volunteered to be a Beta tester for this about a year ago, so have a copy of it on my phone, all I can say is it's a cracking game, can't wait for it to be released!

TrekMD

Awesome.  I sure hope this does get a release.  It'll be fantastic to play this on the 2600.

guest5613

Well according to Sprybug it's ready to go, just needs Al to dot the i's and cross the t's, but understandably he's a busy man.

I wanna see my name in the manual too as a tester!!

TrekMD

Quote from: "Fr0st"I wanna see my name in the manual too as a tester!!

That's a good feeling isn't it?  :)