Author Topic: Let's Compare Fatal Fury 2 & Fatal Fury Special  (Read 1642 times)

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://plus.google.com/+EugenioAngueira
Let's Compare Fatal Fury 2 & Fatal Fury Special
« on: July 08, 2013, 02:06:56 AM »
[align=center:m5jnvy10]Let's Compare ( Fatal Fury 2 & Fatal Fury Special )[/align:m5jnvy10]

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Offline 64bitRuss

• View Profile
Re: Let's Compare Fatal Fury 2 & Fatal Fury Special
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 02:44:28 AM »
I really liked FFS, I once owned it on Neo Geo. I honestly thought it was more balanced gameplay wise than the contemporary Street Fighter games. I definitely dug the backgrounds more and the music as well, over SF, but for some reason I just couldn't get good at FFS, not like I am at SF2 series.

I think I found FFS too late, I just couldn't concentrate and zone out enough to master all the different moves for all those characters. It's kind of tough to do that with different fighting games I think, unless that's all you play. I have the same problem with Kasumi Ninja and Ultra Vortek on the Jag. I love both those games, but I had already mastered MK1 and it makes it difficult and time consuming to master all those new characters, unless I decide I want to just play those two games exclusively for awhile, but I don't see that happening. I'm not sure I have the capacity to memorize all that stuff nowadays.

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 02:56:38 AM »
Interestingly enough, at least based on this video, these games did not have an arcade counterpart.

Offline TL

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 19:36:17 PM »
Quote from: "TrekMD"
Interestingly enough, at least based on this video, these games did not have an arcade counterpart.

The arcade version is the Neo Geo version - exact same thing. There are Neo Geo arcade machines as well as the home consoles.

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 20:32:16 PM »
Quote from: "The Laird"
Quote from: "TrekMD"

The arcade version is the Neo Geo version - exact same thing. There are Neo Geo arcade machines as well as the home consoles.

Oh, I saw Neo Geo and thought it was just a home console game.  Good to know! 

Offline TL

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2013, 20:41:02 PM »
I am a big fan of the Fatal Fury games, along with the spin-off King Of Fighters they are definitely my favourite 2D one-on-one fighting games.

I have Real Bout Special for the Saturn as well the the games that appeared on the Wii Neo Geo collection.

Offline Shadowrunner

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2013, 22:08:05 PM »
Quote from: "The Laird"
I am a big fan of the Fatal Fury games, along with the spin-off King Of Fighters they are definitely my favourite 2D one-on-one fighting games.

I have Real Bout Special for the Saturn as well the the games that appeared on the Wii Neo Geo collection.

In that case now that you have a Dreamcast you should get Fatal Fury: Mark Of The Wolves for it. Great game!

Offline Alberto 2K

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2013, 11:45:12 AM »
Nice! Both games are mostly the same, selectable bosses from the start, a few improvements in gameplay and a couple of details.

BTW, the PAL SNES version of FFury Special has only 24 megas and the US and japanese ones 32, that means less characters for the PAL version, a total fail...

The MegaCD version looks great, a bit poor of colours but the characters are much bigger than the SNES version.

I think the best port of FFSpecial is the PCE one, all the SNK games ported there are excellent. Same with the Saturn a bit later.

+1 Shadowrunner, everybody with a Dreamcast should play Garou: Mark of the wolves, it's not 100% perfect but it's still a work of art. The Dreamcast has superb 2D fighters!
Don't be surprised, my broken English is legendary!

Offline SnakeEyes

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2013, 23:57:55 PM »
I always felt the Snes and MD versions felt a bit choppy and unresponsive. Ram cart and jap Saturn are the versions I would personally choose.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk