The Philips CD-i

Started by TL, May 15, 2013, 16:25:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TL

So do we have any other Philips CD-i owners out there apart from me? What model do you have?

I am just packing my machine up to take to Revival this weekend so hopefully a few more people can see that it's not the complete pile of shit that it's made out to be!

I myself have the classic CD-i 220, the huge one that looks like a VCR, with a Gravis joypad:

I have around 150 discs for mine that include games, music, movies, interactive multimedia and educational stuff. I got most of the non-games stuff with the machine and shortly afterwards picked up another bundle of around 50 discs from somebody who message me on ebay for just £20!

I actually got a bargain on the console too as it was miss-spelt in the listing as "Phillips", a common mistake, so it only cost me £25 with around 60 odd discs!  :16:

zapiy

Yep i am an owner of a 210 model, have around 15-20 games, plenty of movies and some educational stuff including the rare rollerball..

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Vyothric

I have a 210. I got it for 7 or 8 quid, most of which was postage. It was listed as faulty but I fixed it. Haven't used it much, but I've got a good controller for it which I recently modified.

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

tomwaits

I have two CD-i systems. A Sony CD-i portable and a Philips 210 with digital video card. The battery is dead in my 210 though so it no longer saves games. :D Will post it later if I can find it...

Rogue Trooper

What's it play like? from the vid, ship looked way too big for the narrow playing/game window.

Arethius_RGC

I also quite a nice cd-i collection, with 11 players and almost 80 games. I love the standard even if the save featureis crap.

I also have both dvc expension andthe rare joystick.

I enjoy playing cd-i specially:
- the apprentice
- hotel Mario
- Kether
- l'Ange et le Demon
- Burn Cycle
- Secret Mision

zapiy

Sure does, looks like a very good game from where I am sitting.

onthinice

Sadly, I do not own one. There are some really neat games and those CD-I infomercials will always stick in my memory.

Arethius_RGC

Hello,

Here is a short video of the Kyocera Pro1000s player

The quality is not excellent il took it with my Iphone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBz4qIFcuU0

Arethius_RGC

I will see during my long vacation If I can make a video with a comparaison beatween a public reader and this professionnal reader I have.

onthinice

Mad Dog and Space Ace sure made the system rounds. I do not remember either game on the infomercials. Just Voyeur.

onthinice

Digital Video Cartridge needed to play. That is a bummer.

TrekMD

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

sloan

I always wanted CD-i, but it has been particularly elusive to find around my area. I do have three games for when I get it some day.