1UP: The Rise of Retro Video Games

Started by TL, May 10, 2013, 22:09:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Great to have you here, llayboy! 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Greyfox

I was wondering were 1up got too, now I know and see the whole 17 mins of it...that's a 1up in its own right thanks :10:

llayboy

Hi guys

Apologies for the lack of updates over the past few months. There's been a few bits and pieces going on behind the scenes in my personal life so the film had to stop for a while. However a new year brings new life into this project I have loved doing so far.

It's guys like you all on here that keeps me going so I want to thank all of you for the support and I hope I can return the favour with a film we can all enjoy. As I said in the video I am hoping to get a short version edited this year and then it can start making the rounds at festivals and places like that.

So soon enough I am hoping you will get to see it at a screening! Once again thank you from the bottom of my heart for the constant support and let the rise of retro begin!

llayboy

Well after many many months of being in production it's finally here. 1UP The Rise of Retro Video Games is finished.

As always all feedback on this is welcome. Also I'd like people's thoughts on me doing a Google Hangout Q&A sometime on the film.

Thank you for following the progress on the film and I hope you enjoy it.

http://youtu.be/iPQvZ_Z1F-A

Greyfox

Just finished watching fella. firstly I though the video editing was superb and no time did it labor and feel padded out. I loved the interviews you were able to include made it feel that more passionate about the entire film, coverage of the modern versus old was just about right and informative to the viewer.

Technical Issues I found (this is not a criticism of any degree)

While been involved in video editing around my own projects and others, the only small things I noticed were a few audio interviews were weaker than others and possible needed some audio boosting to normalize them with ones done with a mic etc. Some of the pans required stabilizing, but that requires the latest version of Premiere CC CS6 (Dynamic Link) or After Effects CS5-CS6, which you possible didn't have at the time of editing. also one or two interviews required some colour grading to match others interviewed with some levels of brightness in places.

but that's it, a fantastic film and one you should be incredible proud off and thanks a heap for including Retro Video Gamer in places, we all now immortalized thanks to you :113:

Super job and well done mate, it rocks.

All the best

Darren.

TrekMD

Cool, I have to sit and watch this!  Congratulations on getting it finished! 

Shadowrunner

I will watch this over the holidays. Looking forward to it :)

TrekMD

Well, I couldn't wait so I just finished watching it.  Very nice film!  Yes, there are many possible reasons for retro gaming seeing the resurgence it is seeing now.  I do think that the fact that that the games offer variety and do have good gameplay (since that had to make up for graphics) has contributed to the resurgence.  Never mind the fact that, most of the time, you can just pick up the game, start, and play. 

llayboy

Thanks for watching it Trek and thank you for your kind words about it.

As I say in the film I thought it would be one reason behind the resurgence. However it comes down to many factors.

Thank you again for watching

zapiy

Wow thanks for the mention Dan. An awesome overview of what is happening to the retro acne have to say I was blown away with the quality of it fella. You should be proud of that.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

Quote from: "zapiy"Wow thanks for the mention Dan. An awesome overview of what is happening to the retro acne have to say I was blown away with the quality of it fella. You should be proud of that.

I sure hope you meant retro scene because retro acne does not sound like a good thing!

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

llayboy

Retro acne would be a very painful thing!

zapiy

I hope the word is spreading about your film fella.

llayboy

It is spreading and as of now we are about to hit the 360th view of the film.

The fact that people are enjoying the film and watching it is a huge deal for me. So thank you everyone