Let's Compare: Black Tiger

Started by TL, April 26, 2013, 19:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rogue Trooper

Not everyone fond of the coin-op it seems:

Zzap 64 slagged off both the C64 and Amiga versions:

C64 Overall 64%-An okay conversion of a medicore coin-op.

Amiga 63% (They moan about it being an ST port) 'A dull+uninspired coin-op gets a bland conversion'.

Also, forgot there was a clone doing the rounds same time as the offical game, Dinamic's Satan, which press slagged to hell (see what i did there? :-)  )

Rogue Trooper

Thread bump, following interview quotes MAY go some way to explaining why we never saw likes of:Black Tiger, LED Storm, Last Duel etc were not converted to some platforms and why they took so long to (those that did appear) appear on Retro comps.

Edge interviewing Akio Sakai (Head of Consumer Software Division) , back in '96

EDGE:Capcom has a very strong line-up of classic arcade games.are there any plans to convert any?

AS:Our development section has refused to do so, because other companies have already written conversions (he refers to i think PS Darkstalkers being done by Psygnosis in England and his frustration over time they were taking to finish it and how Capcom, who gave it too them at the time as they were too busy to convert it themselves, would have got it done by now)'

He then goes onto talk of how well Namco's Museum CD's are doing and finishes with: '...Now, if only you could convince our R+D dept.'

So seems Capcoms R+D could be stubborn at times and bit of sour grapes in there?. Given how US Gold had various teams convert Capcom arcade games, wonder if that at the time caused any ripples within Capcom and put the brakes on further conversions to say MD?

TL

Seems strange, especially as it was an official partnership.

But its a scandal for me that game like LED Storm, Dynasty Wars and 1943 never came out on the MD.

Rogue Trooper

Quote from: "The Laird"Seems strange, especially as it was an official partnership.

But its a scandal for me that game like LED Storm, Dynasty Wars and 1943 never came out on the MD.

Yeah, very curious affair all round, it's like R+D are sulking saying well, if you want it, why don't you get your new best friends too do it? :-), but then your thinking, hang on, who was running the show/paying the wages, do R+D not just code what they are told to code or what? LOL.