Atari 2600 Must Have Games

Started by dot.fyre, February 29, 2012, 14:32:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mire Mare

I've had a soft spot for Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back ever since I first played it when I was 9 or 10.  A speedy scrolling, fun shooter.  My 2600 collection wouldn't be without it.

onthinice

Quote from: "Mire Mare"I've had a soft spot for Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back ever since I first played it when I was 9 or 10.  A speedy scrolling, fun shooter.  My 2600 collection wouldn't be without it.

I think for the time, all the Star Wars games were pretty good. I used to remember drooling over adverts of those walkers getting shot at by the lone snow speeder. The cart was my first taste of ESB. Then years later when I saw the Empire Strikes Back for the first time, my appreciation of Parker Brothers game vision was greatly enhanced. Just like in the movie, you never had any chance of winning. Sure was fun to watch the movie and even more fun to play the game.

Thanks for the heads up on the game post, TrekMD!

TrekMD

Quote from: "Mire Mare"I've had a soft spot for Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back ever since I first played it when I was 9 or 10.  A speedy scrolling, fun shooter.  My 2600 collection wouldn't be without it.

That is a very good choice!

Going to the final frontier, gaming...