Doom On The Spectrum

Started by TL, February 26, 2012, 23:29:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TL

I am sure many of you have seen this before but for those who havn't here is a video of Doom for the Sinclair Spectrum 128k. It has to be one of the most impressive things I have ever seen and that music is bloody fantastic.

DOOM game on ZX Spectrum

dcultrapro

lol, holy crap how did that happen? I'm probably stating the obvious here but I'm guessing it was coded by someone well after Doom came out right? I mean I'm pretty sure this wasn't going to ACTUALLY have a retail release on the Spectrum... right? seriously... right? lol

looks awesome mate, I almost miss my spectrum, pretty sure it wasn't a 128k though, and it always used to die on me when I finished the first level of Ghost Busters 2!!!  >:(
Ultrapro on xbox live

TL

Yeah it's a homebrew game from a bunch of guys in eastern Europe somewhere I believe. I love the music so much I added it to the retro player.

dcultrapro

it is pretty cool but is it actually playable? I mean does it have all the weapons and does everything respond fast enough for it to be fun? It does look good for a specy game
Ultrapro on xbox live

TL

Quote from: "dcultrapro"it is pretty cool but is it actually playable? I mean does it have all the weapons and does everything respond fast enough for it to be fun? It does look good for a specy game

I havn't played it but it I hear its pretty good.

Jag_Slave

Not a bad looking game :)

And you are right, the music is really good for what it is!