New Atari 7800 Homebrew - Armor Attack!

Started by TrekMD, April 01, 2013, 00:31:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Well Bob DeCrescenzo is at it again and he is now working on an updated version of Armor Attack for the Atari 7800!  Here is information that he posted about it on AA direct from Bob DeCrescenzo himself as well as some images.  The original thread over in AA can be found here.

I may call it 'Armor Attack II' because of the following changes:
- Score and Lives moved to the top of the screen instead of in-between levels (that always bugged me)
- A set number of tanks need to be destroyed before a level is 'complete' (and that number grows as you advance)
- Much later on in the levels, a 2nd helicopter comes out to harass you.
- Mazes are randomly chosen at the beginning of a level (I still need to create these - I'm doing it by hand)

If I decide to call it 'Armor Attack' anyway, I'll have a selection where you start with three tank enemies, there is no 'end of level' indicator, you only get the one maze, and only one helicopter.

This is the 'ToDo' list before I post a bin:

- Tweak tank movement so they don't stop moving and don't get 'stuck' in corners.
- Tweak shots from tanks and copter - I think they are too infrequent now
- Add more mazes

[align=center:20od3b90]              [/align:20od3b90]
[align=center:20od3b90][size=80]Posted with permission from Bob DeCrescenzo.[/size][/align:20od3b90]

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TL

This looks bloody brilliant! I really fancy getting a copy of this at some point!

TrekMD

It looks fantastic.  Can't wait to try out a binary and for a cart, of course.  :)  I really like playing Armor Attack on my Vectrex, so I'm looking forward to trying this out on my 7800.

onthinice

TL

Quote from: "onthinice"Like! Is it a one or two player game?

BOTH!

onthinice

TrekMD

For those following this, several test ROM files have been posted over on AA and this is coming along very nicely.  Here is a picture of the cart/label.

[align=center:37ra283m][/align:37ra283m]

DreamcastRIP

Very nice! I too have Armor Attack for Vectrex and it's a cracking retro game... despite it being too damn difficult, imho!
Owned: Spectrum Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx ST 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive Mega-CD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS, GBm GBA GBC GBP GB VirtualBoy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

TrekMD

Well, this 7800 version is just as difficult! 

108 Stars

Nice. And GadgetUK posted that he is planning to do Armor Attack on Lynx right after Alien and Jack Attack are done. :)
Systems owned: Atari 2600, Lynx, Jaguar, NES, SNES, N64, GameBoy, Master System, Mega Drive, Dreamcast, Game Gear, PlayStation, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable, Xbox, Wonderswan

TL

Quote from: "108 Stars"Nice. And GadgetUK posted that he is planning to do Armor Attack on Lynx right after Alien and Jack Attack are done. :)

Bloody hell he is busy!

TrekMD

I wanted to update everyone.  This game has been finished and is now on sale boxed at the Atari Age store.

TL

I really wish Bob's games were sold somewhere other than AA, if they were I would probably purchase more than a few of them.